ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Exporting layer + shift = error message

Exporting layer + shift = error message

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with this feature again the last day or two.

Sometimes AR exports the different channels (color, bump, reflect and shininess) without a hitch. Then suddenly when I try it again, it gives me an error report.

You know, that ugly windows message saying that an "unexpected error" has occurred and that the program needs to shut down

Anyone else experienced this? I know this kind of an undocumented feature, and it is probably a bit buggy at this stage.

I would however like to explore it a bit more without the constant frustration.

Any thoughts on this? Don't know if reinstalling AR will fix anything...

Regards,

Yvan.

EDIT:

I also noticed that for some reason I can export layers as bmp's and jpg's fine, but when I try exporting layers as psd's, png's and tiff's, I get an error everytime.

I include a screenshot of the error message. (Please note this is only when I use the shift key to export the different channels)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	21528  
    Last edited by yvan_c; 10-22-2008 at 03:36 AM.

Hey you didn't "click here" on the error box

Any chance you could send me a sample file you're exporting from and getting the problem to support@ambientdesign.com? I can take a look at it, and compare steps with you to see what I can find out.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Will try and set up a new one and send it to you. As I said, this only happens with some of the formats, not all.

Orbital, I did click on it to have a look at the report, but it messed up the the screenshot at first. As I said I will try getting the same error and include the report this time, and send to Dave with the file. Hopefully he can sort something out.

Regards,

Yvan.
    Last edited by yvan_c; 10-22-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Hey Guys,

Just and update.

I tried to recreate the problem and get the same error message, but unfortunately (fortunately) I was unable to, despite my best efforts. I was suddenly able to export all channels in every available format!

Maybe it was just a one time thing. All seems to be well again. Anyhow, I will post again if I happen to run into the same difficulty in future. Hopefully it will not be necessary <crossing fingers and touching wood>.

Cheers.