ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: oil brush shape

Gallery
    View images

oil brush shape

Hi there. New to this forum. While I much prefer the real canvas and brush (in oil), I love ArtRage and use it occasionally for sketching and trying out of ideas.

One thing always baffled me, though. Maybe some of you know if this is a limitation in ArtRage, or if this can be solved:

The Oil Paint tool is a simple round brush. While I can adjust its size and some other aspects, I seem unable to select its basic cut. Is it truly impossible to use a flat (square) brush, or a filbert cut?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm sure those features are being worked on by the design team but, at the moment, we're limited to just one brush.

Gallery
    View images
    That's sad news, but I can at least stop my search. thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Hiya Priceless...

I'm not familiar with using ArtRage on a touchscreen tablet pc like yours. I use a tablet pc with an active digitiser.

The difference is that your touchscreen isn't pressure sensitive, while mine is.

Because I don't use a touchscreen, I have no idea how the brush behaves without that pressure sensitivity component.

It might be worth your while to try ArtRage on a machine other than your Q1? You might find that the brush profile is sufficiently different to make shape selection a non-issue?

Blue skies
    Love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Gallery
    View images
    Oh. Pressure-sensitivity. Good point. I guess that doesn't matter much for my sketching; I can even live with round brushes if I must (which, on real canvas, I almost never use). As said in the UMPC thread, I might just go and borrow a graphics tablet for a try...