Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifications in (Beautiful girl play with candles)

Gallery
    View images

Modifications in (Beautiful girl play with candles)

Hello my friends .
    When I first painted this piece , I wanted to capture the features of the photo refrence typically , inspite of the extra exposure due to the increased brightness and contrast caused by the camera (in the candles area) , which caused a loss in the candle flame details. and after I finishet it I was hesitated in posting it here.
    After I saw your comments , although you all liked it, I noted in the comment of my dear friend D Akey that he prefaired to see the candles flames in it , and he also said that left the matter in my hands. So I decided to modify it to show the flames althought it's not as the refrence , to make the lighting more peaceful ... and I think it's better .
    what encourged me to modify it is the abilitys that ArtRage give in modfying the paintings , I wouldn't have done it if it was on a real oil canvas.
    The modfications were made on the same layer.
    I hope you all like the modifyed version of it .
    Thank you very much D Akey for encourging me to do what I was hesitated in doing

note: the first one is the modified version and the second one is the unmodified version
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can-Fff2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	21156  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can-F.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	21157  

Gallery
    View images
    Very interesting variations. Both are well balanced. i liked very much how you painted this extra light from the candle ... although the drapery was almost taking fire on this one. (fire prevention ). You did well decreasing extra-exposure but did you try something in-between?
    Last edited by orbital_chiller; 10-13-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    I liked the original, but I think your modified version heightens the realism. Very well done whatever version!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks to dear friends , Orbital_chiller and scottF , for nice comments .

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice, I like the modified version...

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Nabil, oh my!!! didn't think you could improve as it was so beautiful but you and DAkey are sure right!!! the older one seems burned now and the new one is much more softer, good job and still beautiful!!!
    Last edited by Lee; 10-14-2008 at 02:55 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    I really like the changes. It is even more like a painting this way. (with the flames instead of camera flares.... the modified version.) It's brilliant and beautiful. Fantastic.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-04-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Original one is more beautiful, dear Nabil. Masterpiece dear friend, as always.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Nabil!

The second version is on top. . . and that is the one I prefer -- the one where the candles are clearly visible. Awesome, and thank you for trying it. I hope you are pleased as well.

I really like pushing a lighting effect, but when the effect is merely a shortcoming in the exposure of a photograph, something that most professional photographers would reject as over exposed and re-shoot, it refers a little too much to being a slave to the photo and the limitations therein.

I think your work sings, and the realism you employ seems to use photography where it serves your painting, and you go well beyond photography to very great results. Your paintings are very fine precisely because of the human touch both in the look and in the choices you make.

Bravissimo!!!!

Thank you again for the compliment, dear friend.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    One small suggestion along the lines of what D Akey is talking about in regard to photography. The eye could be painted with just a touch of painterly strokes to represent the highlights instead of those two tiny bright white little pin points. It would be such a subtle difference. I think if you do this you will find more harmony with the other areas of the painting and make it look more like a realism painting... leaving all camera anomalies out of the equation. Of course your painting is of such a fine class already. Masterful.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 10-15-2008 at 01:28 AM.