ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blank spots in curves of brush strokes

Gallery
    View images

Blank spots in curves of brush strokes

Is there anyway around this?
    When using the brush or marker I get little blank spots where my stroke's curve is really tight. Is this just something we have to live with? I'm trying to come up with a good inking brush.

Thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Could you upload an example? Even better, a screen shot which shows your brush settings?

Gallery
    View images
    Having trouble posting. My post count doesn't allow images or links yet. Maybe it will allow this, but it will have to be copied/pasted. Sorry

fuse9.com/temp/AR_StrokeTest.jpg

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Yeah, that's an artifact of the tool. With my style of work, I don't often have to deal with it so much, but I get those breaks in the lines as well. I'm not sure if there is a fix for it.

Just to save some time for anyone else who may come in, here is the image that was linked in the post above.

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Hmm. Not able to reproduce that here with those settings Are you using a very large canvas size?

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the help and feedback guys!

I am working with pretty much default settings. I know I haven't changed the canvas size.

I'm using Vista and a Cintiq 12wx, but got the same results under XP with an Intuos3 6x8.... Using 2.5, but pretty sure I had the problem in 2.0 as well.

I may be able to get used to it, but if anyone knows of a fix or workaround, it would be *greatly* appreciated

Gallery
    View images
    I got what I think is a reproduction of your problem. No idea why it does it but it took me about 3 tries to make it happen again. I have a windows XP so I cant confirm it on a mac.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot1.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	21080