ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Download Previous Versions?

Download Previous Versions?

Hi there guys. I'm new to the forums and an Art Rage user for a couple of years now. I just recently bought a Wacom Cintiq and I'm trying to install the old version of Art Rage 2 which I seem to no longer have. I have 2.5 and it's running fine, but I'd really like to put the Art Rage 2.0 version back.

Is there anywhere on the site to download previous versions or any way to downgrade the installed version? Please let me know. I just really liked how everything worked in 2.0...thanks

Sincerely,
    JJ Parks

We don't have the facilities currently to provide downloads of previous versions of ArtRage on our site. However, if you would like to email me at support@ambientdesign.com, I might be able to sort something out for you.

ArtRage 2.5 has a number of pretty serious features and improvements over 2.0, as well as a bunch of bug fixes and memory optimisation, so I wouldn't recommend downgrading, as you'll be missing out on all that. If you have any specific things you're unsure about in 2.5 as well that you'd like help on or have changed, feel free to include those in your email and I'll be happy to help with those too!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Small Things...

There isn't one major thing I can put my finger on. I realize the stencils and other things like that are actually quite nifty, but for some reason the 2.0 version seemed to jive better with me on a weird level. I can't really figure what it is. I liked the older style pallette system for custom colors and the layer window docked on the bottom middle. I dunno, maybe I'm just used to it and change is throwing me off. I'm sure I could get used to 2.5 if I give it some time, and I will try, but having the 2.0 version available would be nice too for the times when I feel like using it without all the new changes. Thanks though I'm going to search around my old harddrive backups, I'm pretty sure I had the old 2.0 installer somewhere on there. If I can't find it I'll definitely try to email you. Thanks for the fast response!

Sincerely,
    JJ Parks ^_^