ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: keypad shortcuts

Gallery
    View images

keypad shortcuts

as a left hander i keep my right hand on the keypad to switch between tools while my left holds the stylus, which works in most cases except for the lack of an eraser shortcut

+ and - are both linked to the crayon

yet the eraser is not linked at all, perhaps the eraser should be linked to +?
    i never knew i was so empty that i could be so full...

Gallery
    View images
    Are you using ArtRage 2.11? We had a problem with a couple of keyboard shortcut mappings in 2.05 and sorted that out for 2.11. On my copy here - gives me the crayon and = gives me the eraser, working along the top row of keys on the main keyboard block.

Also, are you on a PC or Macintosh, and what operating system version are you using? If you're using a non-english version as well, let me know. I can get things as close as possible to your configuration here, and see if I can find out what's going on there.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    yep, using 2.11 full, running on Wine emulating WinXP using a 104 key Australian Layout Keyboard (like a british one, but with a dollar instead of the pound symbol)

the numbers along the top row all work fine
    - is crayon
    = is eraser

but on the keypad (the part of the keyboard over on the right side shaped like a calculator) which is what i like to use

- is crayon
    + is crayon
    / is PI radians turn
    * seems unbound
    . seems unbound
    enter toggles the interface

there's no = on the keypad though,
    it would seem logical to bind the + to eraser since it shares the = keys and crayon doesn't need two bindings on the keypad

Gallery
    View images
    My apologies thesleepless, I misread your original question there. You're quite right in how you're describing the current behaviour. We're going to be looking at our shortcut key assignment as we update, so I've made a note of this suggestion, thanks!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    no worries, thanks dave