ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ButteroWIP - Crayons only 2nd step

Gallery
    View images

ButteroWIP - Crayons only 2nd step

Here's the surprise. One of the Maremma butteri (the Italian version of the cow-boy who live in southern Tuscany, the savage maremma, and used to live in southern Latium as well).
    Not so easy without any reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ButteroWIP.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	389.5 KB 
ID:	20806  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    So definitely your beautiful style!

It would be interesting to see if any of the many Italian immigrants in Argentina became gauchos. There are many who were responsible for opening up the pampa for agriculture in the late 19th century. Nearly all the current agricutural leaders today have Italian surnames. Maybe Argentina is now southwest Italy.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Gallery
    View images
    Looks great so far!
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

Gallery
    View images
    Looks wunderful. I'm always very happy when some try not to use references and just draw from skratch, and i'm even more happy when it comes out that good...
    The anatomy of him and his horse looks quite right for me...

Greez maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Gallery
    View images
    The final version is now on the Gallery!

Thanks Scott! I can't tell You anything about Italian gauchos, but I know that not only in Argentina, but also in the most remote zones of Brasil Italians (in particular the "tough" people coming from Veneto in that case) were able to establish farms in the most difficult conditions.

I'm glad You like it, Dali! Thanks for Your support!

Thanks Maror!
    To tell it with Dante: qui si parrą la tua nobilitate! (here Your nobility will be measured). Good painting by imagination only is a measure of talent and stored expertise, You're right. Obviously it's not that easy to be able to do anything in any condition almost perfectly so I understand the need of reference for some works (at least for observation and inspiration) and for excercising, But personally I do not have time, patience and discipline to use references and I prefer to see what I can get alone.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!