Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bar...

Bad.bad..

just a tip for that....but i don't think it work yet..but maybe you can use it in the future: in the menu of the layer you have the option for export the selected layer, when you press shift when you click on that, artrage will export 4images.... color, bump, wetness, alpha and so on...didin't know exactly all channels. good for use the maps for a 3d material.

Gn8 everyone..
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Ok, I didn't work on this at all yesterday in despair of the accidental application of the canvas texture..

Picking it up today it' doesn't seem so bad, but this piece is demanding more and more work.... having said that I seem to spend lots of time just looking rather than doing... critiquing what I have done, planning my next move...

( or is that just procrastination?)

I've got a "non ideal" workaround to having baked in the canvas texture..(ie live with it)

I added the hands to the girls and have started work on the man...I'm thinking the table needs more objects upon it and that the area above the mans head would be a good place to add something.... What that should be I don't know.

For all my work on it it feels a bit "so what" right now...
    I've just had an idea that I won't share for now but it could takr this in a surprising new direction...

If you're still reading I thank you for getting this far! I need to do a lot to the backgrounds but here's another update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barupdate.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	292.3 KB 
ID:	20881  
    Last edited by michaelw; 10-05-2008 at 08:16 AM.
    See my Artrage gallery here
    click www.cowtoolsmedia.co.uk to see my website

Very animation colors.

You may want to move the breasts of the woman on the right. Seems like they're skewed somewhat to the left.

It's a fine quick style. Gets enough info there for a very complex shot.

Good job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very animation colors.

You may want to move the breasts of the woman on the right. Seems like they're skewed somewhat to the left.
    You're right (as ever). I was trying to make them look pushed up and forward by her corset, but for that I would've needed to perhaps make a "double bulge"

making selections (via stencils) and moving stuff on this size of canvas is very painful.... and since I collapsed the canvas, taking things out to other software is painful right now, but I might address this soon.. that's just lazy excuses after all!

on the colours and styles I'm treading a dangerous line...I was trying to keep this a bit stylised, but am not stylised enough for that to be "in your face", yet am "too cartoony" for this to satisfy the realists...

I've always loved the rich palettes used by background artists in animation... I guess that must be coming through here. This is usually a "quick style" for me, but I guess that posting in this WIP thread is making me consider it differently and it doesn't feel fast anymore!

weel i see the hands went nice

the overall pic looks great, and the expressions in the faces is nice.
    It seem he dosen't look at the chesse rigth know? At the moment the are alot of storys wich could be going on. maybe you can add some things to explain whats really happening...

Waiting for your new direction now...

Good luck and well take the time....i know what i'm speaking about

greez maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Ok, it's now done...

see it here
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...597#post139597

D Akey, you'll be pleased to see I fixed her breasts!

Maror, i hope the story (in the "finished" thread) clarifies things, but it's meant for the viewer to fill in the blanks and complete the narrative.

Some may not like the new direction so I'd be interested to hear how people react!
    Last edited by michaelw; 10-07-2008 at 02:54 AM.