ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bahía Lapataia

Bahía Lapataia

Since I just returned to Tierra del Fuego, I thought I´d try my hand at a local scene to get back into the swing of things.

A hazy day on Lapataia Bay. This is definitely a view of "el fin del mundo" (the end of the world). After this point there´s only sea before you get to Antarctica. It´s around 25 km. from my back door.

I have to decide what to do with the foreground. I guess I´ll figure it out. Then, the last minute fiddling.

(All AR: oils and palette knife)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lapataia1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	467.6 KB 
ID:	20721  
    Last edited by ScottF; 09-29-2008 at 11:20 AM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Lookin' good.

All that stored up art energy is flowing.. Looking mighty good.. Can't wait to see the finished product..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Thanks Robert and Rick! I´m still messing with the foreground. I suppose it will turn out okay. We´ll see.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Awesome! Feel the weather. I could see someone who is into watching severe ocean weather building some sort of home or viewing station on the top of the hills. I can imagine from this what my memory has regarding some Magellan or HMS Bounty rounding the horn for a month or so fighting the weather. Not sure which ship's story I am thinking about, but it was one amazing exercise in determination and persistence.

And there you are with your glass of wine, kicking back beside one of the foulest spots in any waters.

Great palette and wonderful execution so far. Good depth. I shall hold my martini glass up to the monitor, not in toast, but to chill my gin and vermouth thus. Very civilized.

YeeeeHaw, Captain Bligh!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece, dear Scott!! I love it already!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Excelente comienzo, inicio de un espectacular paisaje...!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee