Thread: random sketch

Gallery
    View images

random sketch

just a random sketch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Very pretty looking gypsy girl. Are you going to color it in next?

Gallery
    View images
    Nice sketch with comic look.

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful cartoony sketch style in all your work. Like an animator's hand.

It's a practiced hand and a practiced eye. Begs the question which studio you work for, which doesn't need to be answered. Just points to professional employment in some entertainment capacity. Or, as has been said, comic books.

The structure is obviously not straight real world proportions. But it looks contextual which speaks of a deliberate stylization, and caricaturization where the structure can be copied or repeated from artist to artist, as opposed to a merely loose one time drawing.

Excellent.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-25-2008 at 05:44 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    thanks all for the nice comments

Well D Akey, i'm definately not a professional, but that's a huge compliment to my work, thank you!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    thanks all for the nice comments

Well D Akey, i'm definately not a professional, but that's a huge compliment to my work, thank you!
    You probably could be, though the industry in the USA has shrunk beyond recognition, you'd probably have to really want it to put up with the thinness of available work to make a living at it doing characters.

Comic books or graphic novels would be the likely place for your type of work anymore.

There's also 3D, doing storyboards etc. And then there's the odd job where you would probably be asked to work "on spec" (for free -- lots of those jobs).

Looking at your stuff here and other forums, you must have been trained. Or you have such an interest in it that you have done a lot of it and looked at other people's work.

Naw. . . I'm not buying that. The only reason you're not a pro is because you haven't gotten paid yet. I just looked at your comments to Dali here in the Crit section. You're not as naive as you say.

Anyway, you should feel complimented. I meant it as such.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-25-2008 at 10:28 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream