ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: About storing all those the stencils...

Gallery
    View images

About storing all those the stencils...

Hi

We now have so many nice stencils available I was wondering which is the best way to store them. How many can we store in the AR stencils folder? ...or should we make another folder in our documents to carry them?

What is the limit to the amount of stencils we can place into the AR stencils folder located in the C/drive?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Rowena,
    The number of stencils you can store is limited only by the amount of free space on your hard drive. They do need to be stored in your stencils folder (C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils on a Windows machine) but you can also add sub-folders to that folder if you want to rearrange the way they are presented. Let me know if you need more info on that.

Gallery
    View images
    A related query,
    Is there any way to set up so all the stencils in the stencils folder can be automatically loaded into the stencil picker ??
    First you learn patterns, then more patterns, finally you dance

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Hi

We now have so many nice stencils available I was wondering which is the best way to store them. How many can we store in the AR stencils folder? ...or should we make another folder in our documents to carry them?

What is the limit to the amount of stencils we can place into the AR stencils folder located in the C/drive?

Personally, I like to keep my stencils in a separate folder within my "My Documents" folder, where I can then load them in when needed. I do this, because sometimes I use a lot of texturing stencils and when you have them all loaded into the stencil folders it gets difficult to tell them apart (they really all end up looking like big red squares, lol). Just my preference though.

Quote Originally Posted by clay_baxter View Post
    A related query,
    Is there any way to set up so all the stencils in the stencils folder can be automatically loaded into the stencil picker ??
    I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. If you create a stencil from a layer in ArtRage you can save it for use in other images by right clicking on the stencil and selecting "Save Stencil Image to Disk". The Stencil Folder will be the default folder for this. You can also choose to put other images into this folder (IE: a photo you took, an image you found online) All of which will then be available as a stencil in ArtRage's Stencil Panel under the "Stencils" option.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Personally, I like to keep my stencils in a separate folder within my "My Documents" folder, where I can then load them in when needed. I do this, because sometimes I use a lot of texturing stencils and when you have them all loaded into the stencil folders it gets difficult to tell them apart (they really all end up looking like big red squares, lol). Just my preference though.

I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. If you create a stencil from a layer in ArtRage you can save it for use in other images by right clicking on the stencil and selecting "Save Stencil Image to Disk". The Stencil Folder will be the default folder for this. You can also choose to put other images into this folder (IE: a photo you took, an image you found online) All of which will then be available as a stencil in ArtRage's Stencil Panel under the "Stencils" option.
    My question relates to all those fantastic stencils available for download,
    Its seems that each individual stencil must be added into the stencils section of the program, once in the stencils folder,
    Am I missing a shortcut to put them all at once into the stencils menu

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Clay,

If you have a whole bunch of stencils you want to add, you can open up ArtRage's Stencil Panel, click the arrow in the top left corner to open the stencil menu, then select 'Manage my Stencils'.

When you do this, the Stencils folder on your computer's hard drive is opened in a file window. You will see stencil categories here as subfolders. So, if you want to create a new category, just add a new folder with whatever name you want your category to be called. Then you can drop all of your stencil files into that folder and they'll appear in the list in the stencil panel under a category of the same name.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Awesome Dave. Who knew? The wonders just never cease.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Hi Clay,

If you have a whole bunch of stencils you want to add, you can open up ArtRage's Stencil Panel, click the arrow in the top left corner to open the stencil menu, then select 'Manage my Stencils'.

When you do this, the Stencils folder on your computer's hard drive is opened in a file window. You will see stencil categories here as subfolders. So, if you want to create a new category, just add a new folder with whatever name you want your category to be called. Then you can drop all of your stencil files into that folder and they'll appear in the list in the stencil panel under a category of the same name.
    Well thought out, (As Always),
    Thanks for the Info