ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: About storing all those the stencils...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa.
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    2,067

    About storing all those the stencils...

    Hi

    We now have so many nice stencils available I was wondering which is the best way to store them. How many can we store in the AR stencils folder? ...or should we make another folder in our documents to carry them?

    What is the limit to the amount of stencils we can place into the AR stencils folder located in the C/drive?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tiffin, OH USA
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    8,530
    Hi Rowena,
    The number of stencils you can store is limited only by the amount of free space on your hard drive. They do need to be stored in your stencils folder (C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils on a Windows machine) but you can also add sub-folders to that folder if you want to rearrange the way they are presented. Let me know if you need more info on that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney,Oztralia
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    72
    A related query,
    Is there any way to set up so all the stencils in the stencils folder can be automatically loaded into the stencil picker ??
    First you learn patterns, then more patterns, finally you dance

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NC, USA
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Hi

    We now have so many nice stencils available I was wondering which is the best way to store them. How many can we store in the AR stencils folder? ...or should we make another folder in our documents to carry them?

    What is the limit to the amount of stencils we can place into the AR stencils folder located in the C/drive?

    Personally, I like to keep my stencils in a separate folder within my "My Documents" folder, where I can then load them in when needed. I do this, because sometimes I use a lot of texturing stencils and when you have them all loaded into the stencil folders it gets difficult to tell them apart (they really all end up looking like big red squares, lol). Just my preference though.

    Quote Originally Posted by clay_baxter View Post
    A related query,
    Is there any way to set up so all the stencils in the stencils folder can be automatically loaded into the stencil picker ??
    I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. If you create a stencil from a layer in ArtRage you can save it for use in other images by right clicking on the stencil and selecting "Save Stencil Image to Disk". The Stencil Folder will be the default folder for this. You can also choose to put other images into this folder (IE: a photo you took, an image you found online) All of which will then be available as a stencil in ArtRage's Stencil Panel under the "Stencils" option.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney,Oztralia
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Personally, I like to keep my stencils in a separate folder within my "My Documents" folder, where I can then load them in when needed. I do this, because sometimes I use a lot of texturing stencils and when you have them all loaded into the stencil folders it gets difficult to tell them apart (they really all end up looking like big red squares, lol). Just my preference though.



    I don't know if I'm understanding your question correctly. If you create a stencil from a layer in ArtRage you can save it for use in other images by right clicking on the stencil and selecting "Save Stencil Image to Disk". The Stencil Folder will be the default folder for this. You can also choose to put other images into this folder (IE: a photo you took, an image you found online) All of which will then be available as a stencil in ArtRage's Stencil Panel under the "Stencils" option.
    My question relates to all those fantastic stencils available for download,
    Its seems that each individual stencil must be added into the stencils section of the program, once in the stencils folder,
    Am I missing a shortcut to put them all at once into the stencils menu
    First you learn patterns, then more patterns, finally you dance

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    3,521
    Hi Clay,

    If you have a whole bunch of stencils you want to add, you can open up ArtRage's Stencil Panel, click the arrow in the top left corner to open the stencil menu, then select 'Manage my Stencils'.

    When you do this, the Stencils folder on your computer's hard drive is opened in a file window. You will see stencil categories here as subfolders. So, if you want to create a new category, just add a new folder with whatever name you want your category to be called. Then you can drop all of your stencil files into that folder and they'll appear in the list in the stencil panel under a category of the same name.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tiffin, OH USA
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    8,530
    Awesome Dave. Who knew? The wonders just never cease.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney,Oztralia
    Gallery
    View images
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Hi Clay,

    If you have a whole bunch of stencils you want to add, you can open up ArtRage's Stencil Panel, click the arrow in the top left corner to open the stencil menu, then select 'Manage my Stencils'.

    When you do this, the Stencils folder on your computer's hard drive is opened in a file window. You will see stencil categories here as subfolders. So, if you want to create a new category, just add a new folder with whatever name you want your category to be called. Then you can drop all of your stencil files into that folder and they'll appear in the list in the stencil panel under a category of the same name.
    Well thought out, (As Always),
    Thanks for the Info
    First you learn patterns, then more patterns, finally you dance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •