ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: mac user question

Question mac user question

I have noticed a bug that happens more times than I am comfortable with, at least 5 times to date. It usually happens when I accidentally mark the screen with some type of painter tool, I say oops, and try to undo, and it doesn't undo. I press it again, and it undoes the maneuver I made directly before the oops. I redo hoping to maybe catch it, but it is like the oops mark is invisible to the system and I end up having to try to erase, or if it is the middle of a painting, paint over it somehow. I also had an instance where the undo turned very pixelated, and no undo would undo it. But interestingly, the palette knife smeared the pixels back into paint. I don't know if it is the program, or the mac causing it to happen.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

I used artrage in a powerbook with os x 1.4 (Tiger). I can't remember that thing happened to me.

What version of ArtRage are you using? Is it 2.5.20? You can check in Help -> About ArtRage. If not, download the latest version from www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html

Also, what version of OS X do you use on your Mac?

Can you think of any common circumstances each time you saw it happen? If you have a rough idea of some steps you can use to reproduce the problem, that may be useful, but if not, knowing the similarities if there were any may provide a clue.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Red face

Thanks for replying, Yes, the artrage is 2.5.20, and my mac is version os x 10.5.4, and I think the software is panther, or leopard. Well, whichever one just came out. And it actually happened again on a picture I was doing last night. I have an intuos 2 tablet hooked up to it right now until my 3 is fixed, downloaded the 2 driver again. It seems to happen if I accidentally click something (the pen) and make everything (tools and toolbars) on the screen disappear. That happens quite often, where you have to click enter or any key to get all the toolbars back. Still not sure how I keep pressing it, but it is usually when I try to move something on the screen. Then I hit enter and then my pen slides across the screen makes a mark and then it won't undo. It's like the computer doesn't register that you've even made a mark. So I'm pretty sure it is the first mark I make after the initially un-hide of the tools. I'll try to notice a little better next time. It's kind of frustrating, I made a big erase mark through my angel picture and had to paint over it because it wouldn't undo. Almost like spilling a big pot of ink on a work in progress.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

If all the tools and palettes disappear when you press something on your stylus, that would be the right click behavior. That's strange about your pen moving across the screen when you restore the panels, I've not seen that before, so if you haven't already, it may be worthwhile making sure you have the latest drivers for the Intuos 2 downloaded and installed.

To check whether it relates to making a right click with your stylus, you could go into your pen settings and disable right click on the stylus switch/button temporarily, then see if you still get the same problem.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design