Here are my suggestions for future releases (not neccesarily the next release).
Also not sure if all is realistic (developer-wise), but these are just ideas that have come to mind.
I have just recently started using AR and i maintain a list of improvements, ideas or things that i just miss - as i go along in AR.
Maybe some of them have already been mentioned by others. Anyway, i'll update it every now and then, hopefully it'll be of some use.
Last updated: September 24, 2008
Things that are already good about AR and should def. be kept:
- clean interface
- affordable price
- stability of the program
Things that could need improvement:
- Performance. Program becomes sluggish at times (i think it's when working on higher resolutions)
- eraser: option to link size to active brush size
- oil brush: continuous load
- save tool settings / custom tools
- move tool (to move layer contents realtime)
Color samples palette:
- arrange / sort / group the colorsamples
- save color samples palette into a file / artrage project
- possibility to have more than one palette open.
- drag drop between palettes
- Save for Web & devices function, like in photoshop. So you can simply publish your work without having to resize
the project every time.
- Copy / paste function. Any graphics-program should have it!
- selection tools
- autosave function
- better performance when working in higher resolutions (300 dpi A4 / Letter)
- possibility to move selections or layer contents by using the arrow keys
- possibility to change color of layer contents
- Basic mode and Expert mode. Basic mode like the way it is and Expert mode with advanced features like selection
tools, custom brushes etc.