ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: newbie question

newbie question

hi everyone... i have recently started working with artrage, but i have a stupid problem: when i start it, after selecting the sheet type, i can't start painting. when i click the left mouse button, all it does is moving the sheet (just like the right mouse button).
    i'v looked everywhere and i didn't find an answer.
    please help!

irishrose Guest
    Can you explain what is happening? I understand you are trying to start on a new page... but to paint you are using the mouse but you are only being able to move the canvas and not paint? Did you choose a tool first before painting? I am not understanding

You don't have the move tool selected by any chance do you?

That would show itself by the cursor being a black cross with arrows in the end. If that is the case then you need to select a painting tool first.

If that is not what it is then, if it's never ArtRage has never worked correctly, I suggest you uninstall and re-install and see if that fixxes your problem. Try re-booting first, if you haven't done so since you installed ArtRage.

In peace

Brett

Hi Shpongle,

Check that your spacebar, right mouse button or right tablet stylus button ( if you use a stylus ) aren't being pressed / getting stuck, as that could also do it.

If that doesn't help, let me know whether you're using a tablet or not, and what operating system you're using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design