Thread: newbie question

Gallery
    View images

newbie question

hi everyone... i have recently started working with artrage, but i have a stupid problem: when i start it, after selecting the sheet type, i can't start painting. when i click the left mouse button, all it does is moving the sheet (just like the right mouse button).
    i'v looked everywhere and i didn't find an answer.
    please help!

irishrose Guest
    Can you explain what is happening? I understand you are trying to start on a new page... but to paint you are using the mouse but you are only being able to move the canvas and not paint? Did you choose a tool first before painting? I am not understanding

Gallery
    View images
    You don't have the move tool selected by any chance do you?

That would show itself by the cursor being a black cross with arrows in the end. If that is the case then you need to select a painting tool first.

If that is not what it is then, if it's never ArtRage has never worked correctly, I suggest you uninstall and re-install and see if that fixxes your problem. Try re-booting first, if you haven't done so since you installed ArtRage.

In peace

Brett

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Shpongle,

Check that your spacebar, right mouse button or right tablet stylus button ( if you use a stylus ) aren't being pressed / getting stuck, as that could also do it.

If that doesn't help, let me know whether you're using a tablet or not, and what operating system you're using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design