ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: WIP-Totoro

WIP-Totoro

Hi, I'm new to ArtRage so I'm just beginning to learn techniques and such. Critique or advice on this would be MUCH appreciated, anything you can tell me. I was thinking darken the background a bit...how do you guys think that would look? Any tips for doing trees?
    Oh yes and if I want to get really complicated I could ATTEMPT rain...but it would probably be disastrous
    Let me know what you guys think!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There are a number of tutorials in the Tips and Techniques section. But maybe rushing into other people's techniques is not the best idea just yet. Have fun with the program and play around with it before getting overly serious.

Rain would best be done on a separate layer. So you couldn't screw anything up permanently by playing around with effects.

And as I recall, this scene was at night time and the forest could do with some more darks, if not blacks. But it is from memory only that I say that. What's in the movie?

Magical moment it was in the movie. Right before that amazing bus. Hahah. You have painted a really good Totoro, my friend.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thanks for the feedback. it may be true i should just play around with it myself. its so hard to organize layers! I always screw up and paint on the wrong one or realize later i shouldve made a new one. For the forest Im gonna try and find a good reference pic.