ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dim View

Gallery
    View images

Dim View

Legends of the Sea...
    There are places where the night turns to day and whole mountaintops turn to fire,and the earth roars as if in torment.....Seafarers tales....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dim View.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	279.4 KB 
ID:	20334  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

I don't know the correct terminology for it, but shouldn't that rearmost sail near the stern be in shadow? And for all the smoke and dust in the atmosphere, isn't the moon far too bright?

Gallery
    View images
    The sky and general atmosphere are magical Jack

Gallery
    View images
    What a great great story!!!!!

This painting rivals Jules Verne's stories for sending my imagination and wonder and sense of mystery. . .

This is about as fantastic an image as I've seen for the ability "Grab ya"!

Great lighting. I love that volcano and moon . . . and the ship . . . heck, there's nothing I don't like.

Oddly enough, I was outside tonight on the cell phone, looking at the biggest, warmest moon about the size you made it just tonight -- while talking to someone thousands of miles away who was also looking at it.

And here you are yet another few thousand miles away painting it, of a place that could even be yet another several thousand miles and a fantasy away.

Almost getting to be too much to believe in physical limitations anymore.

Great painting Jack.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Another beauty, Jack..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Tector....Your comments are appreciated and technically you are right.... However we have to remember that many of the members use Mac computers and because there is a difference in the black level,we need to make the pictures we present to members a bit brighter than would be passable on other computers and still viewable,I have done properly dark scenes where on a Mac all is seen is a black screen....and I agree the rear sail should be a little darker in the shadow of the fore sails,so I will have to claim a little artistic license on this one.... well observed though and points taken ..... Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Rowena......Thanks for the comment,I am glad that you found the picture pleasing....Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Mr D Akey....Hello D, I did overdo the lighting a bit,but not tooo much so as to spoil the effect I thought,,,It is a bit difficult getting the picture dark enough to show up the volcano properly and still light enough to show up on Mac computers,I had to gauge the moons brightness in between the two,still keeping it dark enough to show stars as it is supposed to be a nightime scene, altogether a bit tricky because I wanted the sky to look smoke filled as well,but I am more than pleased to hear that it is satisfactory on your Mac,and all visible?.... thanks for looking in D as always appreciate your reply and comments.....Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Rick.... Hello Rick, thanks for looking in, I sometimes get it a bit wrong because all my stuff is imaginary,and I sometimes get the colours wrong or the lighting wrong,but I am pleased that you find it Okay,Thank you for the comment and the reply.... Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful Jack
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.