ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ¿Save?

¿Save?

In what place of my PC do the works keep on having clicked in: save
    (not Save as)????
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Dámaso,

Cuidado con "saving" archivos. Si pasas por un "folder" de fotos de referencia, por ejemplo, cuando armas tu nueva pintura (o después te agregues), este "folder" es donde tu proyecto está guardado. Tiene que ver el nombre del archivo antes de guardar--y abrir/cambiar la ubicación que prefieres. Este ocurrió muchas veces para mí a principio con AR.

(Be careful with saving files. If you go to a folder of reference photos, for example, when you load a new painting (or later you add it), that folder is where your new project will be saved. You have to look at the name of the folder before saving--and open/change to your folder of choice. This happened to me many times when I first started using AR.)
    Last edited by ScottF; 09-10-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

If the file you are looking for was saved recently, it may be in your Recent Files option in the File Menu. If you load it from there you can at the very least save it to a known location.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Ok, boys, ...thanks a lot!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Dear Damascol, have been pondering your question the last two days, and have to admit after these couple of years that i did not know where my 'Save' pictures went either, sooooo, i looked and finally decided to 'Search',,, i am useing Windows Vista and looked in the place on the 'Start' page called 'Computer' where i did a "Search" calling it ArtRage, and what do you know a program file came up and there was all 500 or so various stages of almost all of my ArtRage drawings, and found that is where my ArtRage Manual is too,,, i never knew where they went and i never realized i had saved so many things,,, but started doing that because of loosing everything in a computer crash a while back, never knew where the 'save'ed pictures went but i did it just to be careful,,,,, so i hope i am not wrong but am sure the ArtRage moniters will catch me if i am, but, i think the 'Save' feature files your paintings away and the "Save As" puts you painting into the place where you save all your other pictures and saves it as an ArtRage ready-to-keep-working on painting,,,glad you asked the question because now i know where my ArtRage Manual is,,,

Here's what I do: When I start a new project, I create a folder for it on my desktop and do all my saves to it. Once the painting is finished, I move that folder into another folder where I have all of my completed projects.