ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: jessica biel-pencil drawing

jessica biel-pencil drawing

hey there all
    id like some comments good or bad on my pic that im doing.
    i have always liked pencil drawing but am finding the transition from real to digital a challenge this is about 6 hours in i spent maybe 3-4 hours on the eyes to get them just right.
    i will post the complete image when finished.

P.S can anyone give me any pointers on hair as every time i try i make a mess of it.

many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jenn2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	20080  
    Last edited by Darkstrokes; 09-08-2008 at 05:31 AM.

You're doing well, keep up the good work. As to hair, try using layers: layer 1 for a broad pen wash, then some layers above that with pencil in different sizes using sweeping strokes...

Go well and be bold, you can always undo duffs

Many thanks for the advice Rowena i will give it ago.

This is a great start!

One suggestion that I didn´t notice for some time: when you´re working on very detailed bits, increase the percentage shown in the top tool bar. (Let´s say from 100% to 165% or 200%. You can tell what works for your particular need.) That way you see your strokes more clearly. You may have to fiddle with brush size. Then when you´re finished, drop it back to your original percentage to see how it looks. Oh the joys of digital art. And I second Rowena´s comments about using layers!

Looking forward to seeing the finished project!
    Last edited by ScottF; 09-08-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.