ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pressure sensitivity

Pressure sensitivity

Hi. I use a Genius Pensketch 6x8 tablet, and the pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to work in Artrage 2. It works perfectly with other programs though.
    The weird thing is, a while ago it worked just fine, but out of the blue Artrage started acting like I was using a mouse - no pressure sensitivity whatsoever . I tried reinstalling it.

What could be the problem?
    Last edited by gri; 09-03-2008 at 10:23 AM.

Hi Gri,

Can you tell me what operating system you're using there, and what version of ArtRage? You can check in Help, About ArtRage. There's a small version number in this window in the more recent versions of ArtRage, e.g. 2.5.20.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm using Windows XP and Artrage 2.5.20

Things I'd recommend trying in order to troubleshoot this:

1/ In case you have Microsoft's Ink Services installed, and there is a settings problem which is causing lack of pressure, create a file called 'no_ink.inf' ( doesn't matter what sort of file, just the filename ) and place it in Artrage's resources folder. e.g. c:\program files\ambient design\artrage 2\resources\ <-- file goes here. Then restart ArtRage and test. This springs to mind because ArtRage will automatically use Ink Services if present, other applications tend not to. Adding this file disables Artrage's use of Ink Services.

2/ Artrage doesn't have pressure settings outside of the basic setting for each tool. Hold down the spacebar while starting up ArtRage to reset these to default values. Not likely but worth doing just in case.

3/ Close down any background applications, tablet helpers and so on, then launch ArtRage and see if the behavior changes in case another application is interacting with the tablet software/ArtRage in a way which is causing pressure problems.

4/ Make sure you have the latest version of your tablet drivers installed from the manufacturer's website. It may be worthwhile uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of the drivers in case there is a settings or profile problem which is feeding unexpected pressure values to ArtRage.

Also, if you can think of anything that changed on your system around the time you noticed the change, that may provide a clue as to the cause.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Apparently the problem was with the driver. I dont know why I didn't think of that. I first pressed space like you said, but nothing happened. Then I reinstalled the driver and rebooted. At first nothing changed, then I restarted ArtRage and pressed space again. It worked .
    Thank you.
    Last edited by gri; 09-03-2008 at 12:57 PM.