Thread: Help!

Gallery
    View images

Help!

My artRage pen is broken. I do't know how or why but the button that acts as the right click seems to be constantly on. I have checked the button and it isnt stuck down or anything. My tablet is only 2 month old i dont want to tell my dad

Gallery
    View images
    Do you mean your Wacom pen is broken, or that the pen tool in AR is not working?
    I think you mean the tablet pen, and just to let you know these do get stuck lots of times - so its probably not broken.
    Which tablet have you got?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there. Check that:

1/ The tablet isn't being pressed when you use it.
    2/ The spacebar on your computer isn't stuck.
    3/ The Right button of your mouse isn't stuck.

Close ArtRage and reopen it. See if you're still getting the same problem.

Hold down the spacebar as you start ArtRage up ( this resets ArtRage to defaults, and you'll know if has worked if ArtRage checks for updates ), then see if there's any change.

( moving this to tech support )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    yes, i have done all this
    still hasnt worked..

Gallery
    View images
    What make and model of tablet are you using, Skittles? Also, what operating system? e.g. Windows Vista Home Premium, OS X 10.5.1
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    I am using model cte-450
    and windows xp

Gallery
    View images
    Does the problem happen in other applications? So, if you use the pen in another program do you get the equivalent of the right mouse button being pressed?

If you search for the file 'ArtRage.prs' on your system and delete it, this will make absolutely sure that ArtRage is using default settings.

Also, to check whether there's a driver / settings problem, in your control panel, go to 'Wacom Tablet Properties' and check that you aren't using a custom profile. You can set the various options here to default settings. There also may be an 'options' button which you can use to set the side switch of your pen to defaults.

If this doesn't help, in case there's a driver problem, you can download the latest drivers from Wacom at www.wacom.com, then uninstall your current tablet software ( choosing to remove custom settings ) before installing the new version.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design