ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: artrage in sale on ebay

Exclamation artrage in sale on ebay

This post is for the administrators and authors of artrage.
    On www.ebay.com I have found 2 sellers that sell artrage... it's legal?

Links:
    Ebay seller 1
    Ebay seller 2
    Last edited by misterpaint; 08-24-2008 at 09:38 PM.
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Thanks for letting us know. The Deluxe bundle is handled by Smith Micro and I'm not sure of their policy on resale. The Artrage user license agreement doesn't allow this however so the registration key for the copies sold in this way may not work.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Really odd that the first link says they have 81 available for a price of $30.24. The second link says they have 10 available for $19.99 each. Says they are brand new in the box. Don't know why they wouldn't work if they are still sealed. ???

Just because someone is selling a program on e-bay doesn't make it illegal.

I mean, that would mean that all the used clothes, movies, nintendo gamecube with games, music cds I have, and my office chair, was also sold illegally. And If that were the case all of e-bay would be illegal... Now, most of this I got at a physical used stuff store. But the nintendo and countless Science Fiction books I got from Tradera. (Which is e-bay, swedish edition.)

Yeah I know what you mean Gz, but as to the price differences it usually means that someone has bought up stock from a previous dealer no longer in business. I purchased corel painter (otherwise too expensive for my income) in the same way. The seller informed me that he had purchased the discs at an auction and gave me C.P's confirmation of this fact so I could be certain there was no piracy involved. As it happens I love AR more than C.P and only bought C.P because it was cheap enough on this sale, and because I wanted watercolor. But when A.R's watercolors emerge I may never bother to learn how to drive the ox-wagon that C.P is (compared to the streamlined A.R)

"Just because someone is selling a program on e-bay doesn't make it illegal." You are quite right ÄlveKatt, but just for the record there are still a number of sites that sell pirated Photoshop and other famous name brand softwares for a snip. They decieve people into purchasing through them, but Photoshop etc. are aware of this and nullify the installation process, so buyers must always beware.

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    Really odd that the first link says they have 81 available for a price of $30.24. The second link says they have 10 available for $19.99 each. Says they are brand new in the box. Don't know why they wouldn't work if they are still sealed. ???
    If they are sealed then they probably will work but if the keys have already been used the people buying the boxes are not going to get their product. Caveat Emptor - The Deluxe Box is not our responsibility and if they are resold by people who buy in bulk then okay. But if you buy a box that contains a key that has already been used we won't honour it, as per the license agreement.

We do the best we can to make sure that users receive updates and support, because we don't like the idea that someone could make a purchase and not get their product supported properly, but we can't control the practises of external companies and you may end up with a lemon if you buy from eBay.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Mattrage:

But technically, if you sell your copy of Artrage and give away the key, and stop using it yourself, that has to be okay, right?

I mean, the way you see that a key is misused is that it updates from very different locations at the same time, right?

Uhm. I have mine on a laptop which I bring with me and connect to various networks. Both at home and from my dorm room at school. And last year from the university library. Could that cause a problem?

Hmmm... I have a sudden concern for what's going to happen when I get around to reformatting my system.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

You won't have any problems with moving your machine around from place to place, or reinstalling ArtRage on your machine as far as the key goes.

Just make sure that you have your registration key handy, and a copy of the ArtRage installer, which can be downloaded from www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html - these are all you need to install the software.

If you lose your key or the installer, you can email me at support@ambientdesign.com and I'll be happy to help of course!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design