Thread: School of fish sticker spray

School of fish sticker spray

For all your fishy needs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boga Fish.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	90202

Want it to stop doing the left to right thing? Go to Settings > Spray Variation and clear all the values out of the 'X Distance' column.

To download:

Right click on these links and choose 'save as':
    Fish.stk
    Fish School.prs

To import the sticker sheet (.stk file) which provides the basic image for the sticker spray:
    • In the Stickers menu via the ‘Import Stickers’ option
    • Copy it manually to Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Stickers (ArtRage will detect it when starting up)

To import new presets to the sticker spray:

• In the preset menu via the ‘Import Preset to Collection’ option
    • Copy it manually to Documents\ArtRage Paintings\Custom Content\Tool Presets\Sticker Spray (ArtRage will detect it when starting up)

That is pretty cool! Thanks Hannah!

For some reason this is downloading as a windows file. Does it work with the mac version?

I have added it to the folder and it shows up as available in the sticker list but it doesn't work when I try to paint with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    For some reason this is downloading as a windows file. Does it work with the mac version?
    The .prs file should be universal - it will only work with ArtRage, but it should work with both Windows/Mac OSX. Your OS might be a little confused about the file type though, so go to ArtRage to try opening it.

If that doesn't help, what are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by philhguk View Post
    I have added it to the folder and it shows up as available in the sticker list but it doesn't work when I try to paint with it.
    That's strange. Can you make sure you're trying on a new document (so no sneaky layer/tool/selection settings)?

It worked for me when I tried downloading it, so something weird is going on at your end

Here is what it looks like in the preset list (see attached picture), all the others have a little grey dot next to them except this one. All the others work when I click on the them & paint just this one that doesnt.

Name:	presets.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	90206

The dot indicates that it's a default preset and can't be deleted. Can you check the Settings panel and screenshot the Spray Variations panel from there for me?

Ok here it is, one thing I did notice is that in the settings panel under Sheet it says baubles no idea if that is right so I included that as well so you can see it.

Name:	spray_variation.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	90207

Quote Originally Posted by philhguk View Post
    one thing I did notice is that in the settings panel under Sheet it says baubles
    Okay, that's the problem. The problem is I'm an idiot and forgot to upload the sticker sheet as well - the presets need the sticker to work. I'm going to go hide in a corner now

Here, install this to your stickers, THEN add the preset and it should work.

Fish.stk

Hannah the .stk file is uploaded in your original post, unless you just did that. The preset works for me though I just noticed that the thumbnail for all of my presets is the symbol for my Parallels software to run Windows on my Mac. They work fine so I never noticed it before.