ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: CPR file problem

CPR file problem

I downloaded Mr. Paint's set of canvas presets to try and they all loaded fine. The problem is that the grain information seems to be missing. It appears to be using the default paper grain. The scale and roughness information is apparently intact. I have noted this before, but I can't recall if I posted anything on the topic. I made several presets at the studio where I work and took the cpr files home. Same problem presented at that time. I had brought the grains as well in png format so I wasn't too fussed about it and promptly forgot. It is obviously pretty important if we are to share canvas presets that the grain be included in the data. Any info on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Hi Fashmir,

cpr files don't contain the canvas grain or texture, they're basically a set of parameters for the canvas. So ideally, if you want to share canvases, it's a good idea to share the grains as well as the cpr files. If you share the grains themselves, that's also of use, as people can load them as canvas textures and make their own presets from them.

I've made a note of the possibility of perhaps including grain information in canvas presets for a future version of ArtRage. I hope that helps clarify things!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It all makes sense now. I have to wonder that I never picked up on this before. I guess I don't see much point in sharing cpr files in that case as tweaking the roughness, scale color etc. is kind of simple stuff. If the grains were included and the color had a few procedural noise options to break up the paper tones then we'd be on to something.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

hi!!
    I have corrected the problem. You go to this post.
    Thanks to everybody!

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...040#post131040

Because the canvas presets don't currently store the grain (something we did to cut down on the amount of space required when you have many presets containing the same grain, which can often be pretty large) it's hard to share this kind of thing. It might be best to share the grain files directly, because users can load them directly and use them that way. The canvas preset just stores the location of the grain file and that can vary from machine to machine, particularly since we introduced user directories for storing user content.

I'm looking in to a solution for this in the future.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.