Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment of Breath

Beautiful Pai.

stunning stuff pai ...10hrs or so well spent indeed .........

...just brilliant!

nice flow...

greez maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    I just felt bad as Scott has mentioned before, to bring up my thread to the top. Now, there're so many more new members and new paintings per day.
    I personally think that's pretty unnecessary to overlay shame onto painting well and getting responses to one's excellent work.

It's twisted logic to think that hiding one's light under a basket is somehow being polite. Tends to keep everyone thinking that unskilled work is what we should be aiming at in fairness to beginners. I think showing skill is a way to lift everyone by showing what we can aspire to.

It's better to both show people what is possible and tell them how to get there. And thus we can all rise.

Please do not buy into that mindset Pai. You have too much to offer.

And I think Scott also fell victim to that notion that has been passed around here for a bit too long in my opinion.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Absolutely beautiful painting.

Thank you Bob, GZ, speggie, maror, D Akey and Nika for liking this painting. There are still lots of spots I found was painted incorrectly. I still want to fix the arm again.

@D Akey, I kind of understood what you are saying and the explanation. It's just I don't think mine is that correctly painted compare to those professional painters. Sometimes I don't understand some terms in art everyone mentioned here. I learn by "looking" lots of painting here for many many times and I don't know how to ask appropriate questions regarding painting techniques. So, mostly is trial and erros a lot. Hope this explain my learning method. Thanks.

This entire thread is a pleasure to read. There are so many wonderful comments and a feeling of support here. Your art is beautiful Pai.

Aboslutely stunning!

Yes we like it for sure. Uplifting and compositionally strong. Makes you think as well. Wm

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    ...that stay forever...

Use only oil. Hope you like it.

I totally agree with Dismagartist.. this is a thread that represents what I love about this forum. A wonderful work of art, the constructive critique and appreciation of the members, and the feeling that we are all on the same "road", learning, enjoying to paint, and sharing our experiences. I am still such a beginner and also new to the forum, so I hope you don't understand me wrong when I talk like this.. it is just that I am already beginning to feel a bit part of this atmosphere, and that although I am far away from being as good as you are, Pai!!! Your painting is absolutely amazing, making me dream both of dancing and of learning to paint like that..capturing such a movement and mood is wonderful!