Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Go From Here?

Gallery
    View images

Where to Go From Here?

I am trying to decide either; what to do with these started images to enhance the message being expressed, or what version has better appeal.

The ideas that have two different versions of images have been kept limited with objects for a good reason. The background was created with Art Rage using some of their special effects for canvas. I wanted to create something that did not block out a large percentage of the canvas, the exception being the penguins picture that has a simple white canvas. There does not seem to be any use for special effects canvas unless you see part of it combined with the image since painting over the entire canvas will cover the background. Hopefully I have created a good harmony of simple objects that blend well with the background canvas in the ideas that have two different versions. Along with the subject matter variation in the two different versions, I was wondering how other people might perceive the harmony of the objects working with the special effects background canvas.

Any opinions or comments welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Gallery
    View images
    Second Image for comparison to top first painting with flower and branches.

There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Gallery
    View images
    I like war zone 2 and flower 2 !

Johan

Gallery
    View images
    The critique for these is probably a bit out of my scope, but I really like the look of Flower 2, with the strange little creatures and faces in the branch, it really grabbed my eye! I'm undecided about the two different versions of war zone. I see the surface they're embedded in as being more transparent, perhaps less reflective in war zone 1. The yeti is great
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Now how did I miss these...
    I particularly like the way the sprinkling of metalics in the top flowers gives them a pearlescent look.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

great idea of using glitters
    HaveFunWithArt!........artfrenzy

Gallery
    View images
    I'm working on merging layers using a couple of the images previously posted on this forum thread. I am taking several different images started with Art Rage .ptg yet cannot seem to load this file format into the tracing image. As a result I have exported into a jpg format. After converting several images from .ptg to .jpg I have only one way to load these images into a new file as separate layers. I have taken them one at a time into the file by loading them as a tracing paper image and then creating a new layer, while the new layer is highlighted as image to work on I have used the command menu to Convert Tracing Image to Paint on This Layer. After several images have been loaded onto separate layers I have moved their locations in the level of layers or adjusted opacity appropriately for transparency. I have noticed that you get two entirely different looking images; one with the tracing layer showing and another without when you remove this or try to save it in any format. My question here, is it possible to save the image as it appears with the tracing layer showing in any of the export formats? I thought it would be interesting to use such an image as a layer to start a new image. Below I have posted the images in this situation.

The first posting here is with the Tracing Layer Showing. You can save in the .ptg format and the image will return exactly as it appears here yet when exporting you get all this removed and something similar to the second posting appears when opening the exported image file format.

Gallery
    View images
    A significant difference in appearance without tracing layer creating the transparency effect.

Gallery
    View images
    Alternative mixture of different images combined with layers.

Another possibility here is that I have not noticed in this program the ability to adjust the image size of each different layer?

Gallery
    View images

wild blue yonder

like them both a lot but like wild blue reduced the best!!! bet someone gets a hold of that and puts it in a meseum somewhere, ps, how did you get the lettering on it, thank you.