ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Thinking of buying tablet

Thinking of buying tablet

I found this on Amazon.com and I was wondering if it would be suitable for AR and if it would even work with it. heres the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-MousePe...8483105&sr=8-1

It has a wireless pen and comes with a mouse and painting program. It's only 8"X6" but it will be fine for now until I come up with the money for a larger one.

Genius isnt a bad brand. I know nothing about their tablets, but Ive used web cams and a mouse from them that worked just fine.

About the size, 6x8 should be fine. Ive got a 6x11 Wacom Intuos3--but only because the 6x8 wasnt available.

Good luck and have fun!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

That's a heck of a price for an 8x6. Almost too good to pass up and if it lasts a year, that'll give you time to save up for a Wacom.

Well I just picked it up from the store, I ended up getting a WACOM Bamboo. It's hard to get used to but I love it already.

Congratulations Chris, and hang in there. It takes some getting used to, but once you get comfortable there will be no looking back!

Remember when the mouse was first introduced back in the dinosaur years? No one could get the pointer to go where they wanted it.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Yup. I've had my Bamboo for about three weeks and I'm still not comfortable with it. Like Scott says, " ... hang in there."

i'm actually getting the hang of it. I'm starting off sketching and then moving into paint/airbrush/knife.

The right side is the tablet in use. I started the left side afew weeks ago. Just a rough sketch for now, then doing detail work with oil paint and airbrush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BambooPractice.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	19417