ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: stupid gradient light

Question stupid gradient light

hi,

where can i find the ligth setup to deaktivait the unusal gradient lightning at the workspace? Yes, it should look like a realistik painting, but the light gradient on a realistik painting is not IN the painting, that gets from a lightsource OUTSIDE the painting, like a lamp. Can some help me? When i paint i red line on a paintwall, than is the britness of this line identical in the bottom and top of the paintwall, understand what i mean?

I hope the gradient can be disable.

greeting
    Z.

You can hit the "F5" key if you'd like to turn off the light source, but that's part what gives ArtRage it's "realistic" feel. You said, "the light gradient on a realistic painting is not IN the painting, that gets from a light source OUTSIDE the painting, like a lamp",the problem is an actual light source won't effect printed strokes like it would actual paint strokes on a canvas, so if ArtRage didn't imitate the effect, there would be no effect.

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hello,

hm, ok, i see what you mean. I think it would be good, when the lightsource in Artrage is a parallel light and not an point light. A parallel light can create shadows an the paintwall like the left examples at your demonstration picture, but the paintwall would be constant bright. I think that would be a suggestion to the next version of Artrage. I think the direction and intensity and kind of the lightsource should be manipulatable.

Well, thanks for the F5 key, that is a little bit helpfull.

Cheers,
    Z.