ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What Tablet to choose for a beginner?

Gallery
    View images

What Tablet to choose for a beginner?

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right section for this question.
    I bought ArtRage, and would love to try now also a tablet.

Usually I work with 3D Programs (Bryce and Poser) and Photoshop CS3 and thought ArtRage will add some nice extras for my Texture and Bump Maps creation because of the wonderful effects each drawing tool offers.

Well, which tablet would be the best choice for someone who never has used a tablet before? Since I am a beginner, I do not really want to spend a fortune. I heard it takes some time getting used to drawing/editing images with a tablet.

Which would be an allrounder so I can use it also in Photoshop and ArtRage? Price Class I am willing to pay varies between 100 - 150 Euro.

Rhian
    Last edited by Rhian; 08-08-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Typos

Gallery
    View images
    I recently purchased Wacom's Bamboo Fun Small "4 x 6 inches" for U.S. $100 and absolutely love it.

Gallery
    View images
    Wacom Graphire 4 is quite cheap and well worth the money. But I regretted buying it and not the more powerfull Intuos 3 as soon as I had gotten the hang of it. I now have two tablets...

If your serious with this hobby, get the cool stuff at once, would be my advice.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you for the advice, ÄlveKatt and LogicsHere

I am quite serious with my hobby, since I am dabbling with drawings and such for quite some time now... more or less I have slipped into the digital corner.

Gallery
    View images
    With computer stuff, there´s always something new on the horizon. However, I´d agree with ÄlveKatt--go for the Intuos 3 "6x8." You won´t need anything else for a long time. For what it´s worth.

Good luck with your new projects!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.