ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problems opening file

Gallery
    View images

Problems opening file

Help, I dont know if you can suggest anything, I have a painting which I am almost finished, but now it will not open, it gets as far as 27% then just stops, if I do ctrl/alt/del its tells me the program is not responding and then I have a problem closing it down, I'm on Windows XP any bright ideas would be so gratefully received. The file is about 13.9kbs.
    Update to this, I have tried opening it in various ways, through explorer etc, tried copying it, but to no avail, I have looked on the internet for info on ptg files but all it comes up with is a registry scan and I am not sure about using that.
    Ginahobbit
    Last edited by ginahobbit; 08-06-2008 at 01:35 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Gina,

Could you possibly send a copy of it to me at support@ambientdesign.com? It sounds very small for an ArtRage file, so I suspect the file is corrupt on disk unfortunately, but we can take a look here and see if we can work out what the problem is.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Dave,
    Thanks for the offer of help, the file is 13.9 mbs, sorry got that wrong, but I cant even send it, I just dont know what happened, I am devastated but I will just have to delete it and start again.
    Ginahobbit
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Gallery
    View images
    It is possible that we may be able to salvage some data from that old file, so definitely keep it rather than deleting. I'll send you a private message with some details on how you can get a file of that size to us.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design