ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New ArtRage user - looking for scissors

New ArtRage user - looking for scissors

Hi, I'm new to this great product, and hoping to use it to create graphic images that I can attach to a new puzzle I am developing. I need to be able to draw some lines and then cut them up and move them around. Looking at a thread from March 06 a cut and paste tool was not then available. Is there a way to do it in the version I have, which is 2.5? Thanks for any advice.

Tim

Hi Tim, welcome to the forums!

ArtRage doesn't have a cut and paste tool, but can copy the contents of a layer ( Edit -> Copy layer to clipboard or ctrl+c ), paste it to a new layer ( Edit -> Copy clipboard to new layer or ctrl+v ) and the contents of a layer can be scaled, panned and rotated ( right click the layer, choose 'transform layer contents' ), while this won't move individual items within a layer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

In addition, you can use the stencil tools to help with masking out a layer that you've duplicated.

Create a new layer, and set the layer transparency to 50%. Use the paint tools to block in the area you want to mask. From the layer menu select 'Make a stencil from this layer'. Now delete or hide the layer you used to produce the mask.
    If you need to, right-click on the stencil and select 'Invert the stencil'

You can now use the eraser tool to quickly remove non-masked areas of your copied layer.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"