ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stencils

Gallery
    View images

Stencils

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and the full version of Art Rage (I used the free version for a while) and I love it.

I do have a of question that kind of makes me feel stupid for asking... But...

When I load a stencil it always shows up on the right side of my screen and I can't for the life of me figure out how to move it to the center...or even if I can.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thanks!

Alison

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Alison and welcome to here where there's no such thing as a stupid question. Right click and drag the stencil to where you want it. You can also resize them. Click on the magnifying glass in the bottom panel and then left click and drag back and forth.

Gallery
    View images
    Oh my gosh....thank you so much Robert! My brain has been on overdrive and is starting to shut down... I'm embarrassed to say that I used to be a network administrator for the federal government and worked with software constantly...also my husband is a programmer....I'll just call it a "senior moment"

Gallery
    View images
    You're very welcome. You'll find this to be a very helpful and supportive community and I hope you'll share your works with us.
    Did you know that you can also make your own stencils?

Gallery
    View images

Stencil questions

Hi; THis is my first post as I jsut started using this pogram this weekend.
    MY question is for stencils is is posibble to change the width but not the length of a stencil or visa versa, They only seem to change proportionally.
    I want to stretch a square gradiant and turn it into a longer thinner tube but the length and width seem to change only in proportion together.
    Also is there a way to copy the stencil once you change its size so that you can have 2 or more of the same one without loading copies of the original stencil and changing those individual stencils to match each other?
    I hope I am making sense.
    My only gripe about Artrage2 is that you can't enter text directly as I had considerable trouble gettign MS Word 7 text itno this Artrage project and,thanks to this forum,did a lot of reading on trying to get it to work.
    Hopefully the next version of this program will allow for adding text directly into the artwork without the need to hassle with 3rd party software.
    Still, all in all an amazing program to say the least.
    Thanks for reading
    rjmdrum

Gallery
    View images
    Hi rjmdrum, welcome to the forums!

Stencils are currently able to be resized uniformly, but can't be stretched along a particular axis. When you create a new stencil it's always created at a default size so I'm afraid currently you can't resize a stencil then add a new stencil of the same type and have it match the previous resized stencil's size. We're looking into the possibility of text support for a future version of ArtRage
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Thanks for the response

Hi ThaNKs for, an the response. the whole tablet writing and drawing process but Iam still plcking up some good tips from reading many wonderful posts and talents in this forum.
    Thanks for readlng
    rjm