ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Dragonflight

Gallery
    View images

Dragonflight

I'ts a dragon in flight. This painting really shows off how bad I am at combining colours...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drakflykt4Small.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	386.8 KB 
ID:	19016  

Gallery
    View images
    Hey, good to see you again!

Did the glacier in which you were trapped finally melt enough to get you back to the lowlands?

I love the beautiful curve to the dragon's body. And the multicolor character is like a tropical bird.

So nice to see you interpreting dragons in other than single colors as in AD&D and such role playing games. It's as if you've visually added to mathematics more than merely the prime numbers. Not just a white dragon, a blue dragon, a red dragon. . .

Yours marks to me a welcome jump in the lore of such creatures.

As to the mechanics of the color selection for the painting, I would consider using your lighting a little more like light. It's currently in a middle bandwidth of tone. You could turn on the sun and plot the picture with that light influencing the world, as it does for real. Would heighten your illusion of real space.
    Last edited by D Akey; 08-03-2008 at 05:33 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    I copied the layer of the sun, resized it to cover the whole image and gave it 35% opacity. It worked pretty well in making the colours fit together, strangely I felt the contrast of colours when I put the sun filter behind the dragon instead of on top worked.

Thanks for the feedback, it made it better!

Name:	Drakflykt5Small.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	19023  

Gallery
    View images
    New version. Don't underestimate the glitter tool. There is a bad balance with all that grain though. Hum...

I have been lazy. It's been nice. Got an Xbox and lost myself in a few games. Have been reading and watching movies. Just generally taken a break from everything. Before that there was school. Soon School starts again, It's an artist course though, where I can learn to work with real media.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hey, good to see you again!

Did the glacier in which you were trapped finally melt enough to get you back to the lowlands?

I love the beautiful curve to the dragon's body. And the multicolor character is like a tropical bird.

So nice to see you interpreting dragons in other than single colors as in AD&D and such role playing games. It's as if you've visually added to mathematics more than merely the prime numbers. Not just a white dragon, a blue dragon, a red dragon. . .

Yours marks to me a welcome jump in the lore of such creatures.

As to the mechanics of the color selection for the painting, I would consider using your lighting a little more like light. It's currently in a middle bandwidth of tone. You could turn on the sun and plot the picture with that light influencing the world, as it does for real. Would heighten your illusion of real space.

Name:	Drakflykt6small.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	477.2 KB 
ID:	19089  

Gallery
    View images
    Horizons are usually not that sharp, right? Do you think it would work to make some kinf of gradual blur?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by ÄlveKatt View Post
    Horizons are usually not that sharp, right? Do you think it would work to make some kinf of gradual blur?
    Yes. It would help. Good idea.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    I love this. Really colorful and fine drawing skills at the foundation.
    It's looking great.