ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: sun setting over the sea

Gallery
    View images

sun setting over the sea

Hi, I promised to show you my latest try of a sunset using oil painting...though some of you might also have a look at it in the gallery section, here it is to get some critique
    I read the tutorial thread about water and reflections only today.. hope I can improve that in the next painting..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sundown_oil_1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	19010  

Gallery
    View images
    This is a big step forward for you. The colors are gorgeous, the birds are fantastic, and the composition and balance are good. Two suggestions I would make would be to 1)use less paint on the brush and maybe add a little thinner so you can more easily blend out any striations and 2) do some blending on these clouds with a small knife (5% or so) with little or no pressure. Just suggestions to consider. Keep them coming, you're doing great.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you very much, Robert..
    I just got to know the knife-tool and I'll be happy to consider your suggestions in the next one which is hopefully soon to come

Gallery
    View images

Thumbs up Sunset Review

Outstanding job! I love your color pallet choices, and how you made them interact with one another. You have a good sense for color interaction in a painting. This particular painting is so dreamy... Keep up the good work!
    "Be Unique. Be Yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."