Thread: Pencils only - Art-iodactyla Attack Colour

Gallery
    View images

Pencils only - Art-iodactyla Attack Colour

On-going. An all imaginary Africa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Art-iodactyla Attack ColourWIP.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	308.4 KB 
ID:	18949  

Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Very interesting palette as is usual with your paintings. Detail is key to you, I feel. You want to give information in a very specific, thoughtful way. I get that you are really comfortable living in your mind and expressing through it.

Your palette often looks to me like the pigment is laced with marble powder, perhaps like a fresco or something. But very Classical in feel.

It's wonderful stuff. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that you would be very much at home with Plato walking beside him among the columns discussing the nature of things -- perhaps even more so with Aristotle. Sorry, but I think I overshot the Roman era back to the Greeks.

I love this drawing. It reminds me of that silly SuperCaesar thread. Hahah.

Great work, as always.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Not far from true as for one of my life periods and aspects, dear D Akey.
    Moreover the Greek and Roman civilisation merged together pretty soon also because they were much complementary too. Greeks were more sailors, philosophers, traders and mathematicians while Romans, also as Etruscan and Latin successors, were settlers, manufactureres, soldiers and engineers at start.
    Another consideration is that the Sicily and Southern Italy were also the greates Greek colony along the coasts and Archimedes was an "Italian" from Syracusas as well as Pitogaras school was established in Calabria, near Reggio, if I'm not wrong.
    This was the first time pencil only and I didn't start with a tonal sketch, just to explore till the extreme the possibility of Art Rage pencil tool and its blending (up to size of 500 for the cloud).
    Next time I'll use the pencil more in pencil-like way.
    Thanks!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    I seem to remember something like this from earlier threads.

Whatever, your use of pencil and the colors in your clouds are amazing! (What a surprise, eh?)
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.