ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening 6

Evening 6

Ok. That's it for layer 3. Now comes detailing and texture.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Except for a few small black bits around the center building and the foreground, it looks done to me--and I might add, very well done!

I can´t wait to see the details and texture.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

I'm aware of the little black holes and they will be addressed. I could easily fill them in and call it done but, as I've said on a couple of occasions, my vision here is somewhat grander. So the plan is for at least one more layer to flesh out the image I have in my mind. Despite my occasional complaining about the process involved in producing this one, I'm bound and determined to make it my best to date and I know that, with the support I've gotten from you and others, I will be able to complete it to my satisfaction. Not to be too philosophical about it but, this is something I need to do. Not only for the sake of making my purchase of a tablet justified but also for the sake of proving to myself that I can "take it to the next level". The support and encouragement I've gotten has been invaluable in the pursuit of that ideal and I can't overemphasize that.

Yanno ... it's because of the progress of you and Rick that I felt the need to do this one in so detailed a manner. I don't say that in any other manner than to say that you have inspired me to accept nothing less than my best from myself. And therin lies the beauty of this community ... that we encourage each other to strive to do better.
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 07-31-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Robert, this one is a beauty, and it is plain to see that the best in you is rolling forth in this.. Take the time to attend to the details.. It's the icing on the cake.. I enjoy all your work, but one can see this is special..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Yeah, "the next level" is always a good thing to aim for. And it's great when you hit it.

You have certain values (level of black etc) going in this one, so you have to honor the continuity. It would be very difficult to go back in and add darks because there are too many nooks and crannies to paint them all. So either you would have to do a global adjustment in Photoshop or something (might backfire) or just keep the values where they are (probably the best) because, other than the building which you say isn't done, it's all working in context.

This one is at the next level I believe. Fantastic painting. Mind the values as you finish it.

Go Bob!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow

Your body of work is amazing! I'm very impressed. Kudos to you!

ooooo this is beautiful...just like an old masters
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

This is looking beautiful Robert. I will anxiously await the third layer. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

looks great. waiting for the next step.

Actually, finished this some time ago. Check my gallery for the finished product. And thanks.