Thread: "Allow to Dry"

Gallery
    View images

"Allow to Dry"

Hi,

Is there a way to "let the paint dry" before over-painting to allow the bumpyness of the paint, but not the mixing to happen?

If not, could this be added?

Cheers.

Gallery
    View images
    Just turn on Insta-dry and it's like painting over dried paint. That is a toggle button found below the pressure, thinners and loading dials.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Ah. I assume this is a version 2 feature..! I'm on 1.3 (Wacom edition) at the moment, but I'll be upgrading to the full 2.05 version soon!

Cheers for the tip!

Gallery
    View images
    Insta Dry (which, I can now reveal, was originalled called 'Insta-Dry 2000' before I changed it much to Andy's dismay) is good for constant drying effects. To dry your canvas after applying the paint and blending it, ArtRage 2 lets you add another layer. The paint on the new layer won't blend or adjust the paint below but you'll still see the texture of your previous strokes come through. Plus, you can still go back to the layer below and edit it if you decide you didn't actually want to dry it...
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, perfect.

Gallery
    View images
    Look, I really thought 'InstaDry 2000' was a great name for it. It had a campy retro thing going for it.
    The only reason I acquiesced was that there was no way 'InstaDry 2000' would fit in the UI.

Just remember... it's still called 'InstaDry 2000' in the source code. The name will live on.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"