ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Selecting areas

Selecting areas

I have just purchased Art Rage 2 and I wonder how users select or restrict (Or modify) colors in a specific area, without the availablity of a selection tool, is this possible with Art Rage or is there a special method used?

There is currently no masking ability, but the ArtRage time is looking into ways to achieve this.

In the mean time, one way I have found to keep colors from mixing is to put items on different layers and then erasing anything on one layer that I do not want overlapping a lower layer. It's not ideal, but it works! If you look at some of my files, you'll see very odd layers -- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by drzeller
    -- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.
    My layers are always a mess :roll:
    Its a bit doh!! when you realise you want to change one bit of a layers opaqueness but not the rest :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneymini
    -- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.
    Its a bit doh!! when you realise you want to change one bit of a layers opaqueness but not the rest :lol:
    Well, this is ARTrage, not SCIENCErage... we're not expected to have a project plan for each piece!

D.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneymini

D.
    Well, this is ARTrage, not SCIENCErage... we're not expected to have a project plan for each piece!

D.
    Sorry if I upset you D :cry: I'm not sure how though :?

I wasn't upset at all!

My humor did not come through well. I meant to joke that planning often isn't part of "the process" as we wander our way through a painting.

D.

Cool D 8)

It was just that capital letters on the Internet are usually used for shouting :wink: