Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Idea From a Newbie

Gallery
    View images

An Idea From a Newbie

Hi all! I'm new to ArtRage, new to art (especially in the digital form). Looking over some of the inspiring works brought an idea to mind... What would a piece turn out to be if you started with an image which was created in 30 minutes, then other artists added 30 minutes of work to it, one at a time?

Has this approach been tried yet?

Thomas (TJ)

Gallery
    View images
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Would the next artist up call dibs so there's no duplication of effort?

Gallery
    View images

Q

Good idea, I was worried about that problem. I think that's the best way to solve that problem, otherwise, we'd end up with a digital example of alternate universes!

Anyone wanting to start the first project, be my guest. I'm currently doodling with the program to get the feel of it. I wish I had a tablet! :!:

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Would the next artist up call dibs so there's no duplication of effort?
    I think there's no issue with "duplication of effort" here. You're talking about artists. You would just branch out, and people could pick whatever version of the image they wanted to springboard and brew new ideas. Just post, and if two people happen to start adding mustaches to the Mona Lisa, well, may the better mustache win!
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Gallery
    View images

Fine idea.

If we use this forum by using maximun image artrage2 size w800pix and check that file size dont come too big(kb). Then it can work so that painter load image to own computer, from this forum.

Unfortunately if use layers then .jpg image dont move forward these layers. But is it a problem anyway. We can import .jpg and draw more and export it back this forum to .jpg.

Who make the first drawing?

Gallery
    View images
    As I said, I'm new to art, and I haven't yet purchased the full version of ArtRage (Although I am this week - what an awesome program!). Enough of the excuses, here's my 1st attempt at capturing Shadow without a camera. If someone wants to start with something other than this, feel free!
    (I don't know how to add the image into the message, so I've attached it.)

Let's see what happens!
    TJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadow_520.png 
Views:	740 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	1977  

Gallery
    View images
    OK. I'll sneak this in before we get a rule book!
    This was a pretty boring pic I submitted before, now it has a wolf!
    ArtRage is amazing.

Next person in the queue please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    Well, if you get to re-use your paintings, I can too! I took the man I added to the sea cliff picture and moved him into your picture. Now we have a Scottish Lord (is there such a thing?!) walking his grounds with his pet wolf!

D.

Gallery
    View images
    ..Aged Ps tree was lovely but its a bit more freeform now and there are magic mushrooms growing just behind the lords feet

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    my little 30min
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown