ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage and Scrapbooking???

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage and Scrapbooking???

Hi There!

I just read about ArtRage and after touring its functions I think I may really like it! What I would purchase it for would be to digital scrapbook with. Does anyone here use the program for digital scrapbooking and if so how does it compare to other digital scrapbooking programs? Right now I am using Microsofe Digital Image Pro but Microsoft has discontinued the whole program so there won't be any updates so I'm looking for something new.

In ArtRage can I extract an object from the background and if so how difficult is it to do?

Is ArtRage compatible with ACDSee Photo Catagorizing program? I have all my photos and scrapbooking elements in ACDSee.

I think I mainly would like to use ArtRage for designing scrapbooking elements (papers, ribbons, bows, swirls, buttons, etc).
    Thanks
    jazzys Mom
    Last edited by jazzys mom; 07-24-2008 at 03:04 AM. Reason: To Add Another Question

Gallery
    View images
    ArtRage is more of a painting program, one that simulates painting with oils and other media. I doubt that it would be helpful at all for scrapbooking. You cannot extract and object from a picture using this program. You need something that will allow you to select the object and provide the ability to erase a background easily if need be. There are no selection capabilities in AR; no cut and no paste. You might want to try Paint Shop Pro.

Take a look through the gallery to see the types of works done by people using this software.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the info. I can design elements with ArtRage for scrapbooking though? Then scrap in another program.

Thanks
    jazzys mom

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Jazzys mom, welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure if you've done so already, but you can download a free version of ArtRage, ArtRage Starter Edition from www.artrage.com/artragedown.html which is good for getting a feel for the way a range of the tools work, and how the software works in general.

ArtRage ( both versions ) can export its paintings in jpg, bmp, png, tif and psd standard image formats, so you can use things you create in ArtRage in other software which supports those image types. It's always a good idea to keep an artrage format painting file of your work, as these remember things like paint thickness and wetness and so on, should you want to make some further adjustments later on, but to export an image, go to the File menu, choose 'Export as Image' then select the type and the filename.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask if you have further questions, you can also email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, it does help a lot. I may download the trial but what I really want it for is its ability to creat glitter so I may just take the plunge and buy it!

Thanks
    jazzys mom

Gallery
    View images
    I know it's been a few months since the OP was made, but I just wanted to note here, for future ref, that this program has been awesome for designing scrapbook products. I've used it to make painted overlays for paper, and the glitter totally rocks! I've also made painted swirls and frames. I can even import an element, like a flower or leaf, add glitter to it, and export it as a .psd to finish up in Photoshop. One note though, if you make a glitter sheet, or any element at all really, make sure your original canvas is 300 dpi, and then export your project as a .psd so the 300dpi setting is saved, since everything made for scrapping should be 300dpi. I didn't know that AR changed the dpi when exporting anything not in .psd format, and the first kit I made with Art Rage elements had stuff that was 72 and 96 dpi! So, all in all, I totally love using AR to create scrapbooking products. The glitter itself has been so worth it!

Gallery
    View images
    Shannon, thank you so much for that info. Now I know I definitely will purchase this program when I master Photoshop CS3. This is a huge hurdle!

Jazzys Mom