Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomato and glass

tomato and glass

This is a quick painting. I tried to paint fast, working in a rather loose style. It took me around 1.5 hours from start to finish. I'm not totally happy with how it turned out, but i won't turn it into a long-term project trying to make it perfect either : )

For this painting, i set up a quick (and somewhat random) scene with a tomato and a glass, used a candle as the only lightsource and took a photo of this scene to use as a reference.

emre
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi emremedan, Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Sometimes less is better. This is one of those cases. (In My opinion)
    Nice idea, taking a snapshot, to get the candlelight effect, without all the strain.
    Well done!

looks fine to me!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

I really like the lighting, emre, the really bright bits on the glass and on the tomato. You've reproduced them so faithfully!

.g

Floridagirl: Thanks. And yes, if i hadn't taken a photo of the scene, it would be hard to paint it as the shadows kept moving because of the "dynamic" light of the candle : )

Enchanter: Thanks.

Gita: Thank you. I was planning to keep it simple but couldn't resist the temptation to add all the lighting details : )

e

Hi and wow, what a beautiful composed painting. Love the the way you have tackled a very difficult subject. Real nice work.Regards,Tony

emre... çizimin çok başarılı.... bende artrage'yi bayadır kurcalıyorum ama senin seviyene gelemedim daha

Thanks Tony and SystemError!

e

Now how did I miss this one...
    That's a great study. The candle's lighting highlights in the glass are exellent. The picture has a nice cozy feel.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy

emre