ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: like father like son

like father like son

I painted this one for last week's IllustrationFriday topic "skyline". I just managed to complete it, and thus missed the deadline for IF, but i had fun working on it.

Original painting is more than 3000 pixels wide, with 4-5 layers. The tools i used are; oil brush, crayons, palette knife and eraser.

Bigger version

emre
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's great! Not what I was expecting from the first draft that you showed to us, but very cute.

Too bad you missed the deadline though. If you do this weeks topic, "sacrifice", you could append it to the end of that one. I've seen other artists do that when they miss a week.

That's a great style.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Collin. I was actually planning to do it like this from the very beginning, but i had only painted the rooster head when i posted that wip, thus cropped the image to include only the head. Thanks for the "append" tip!

Thanks Andy.

e

How Adorable!
    You must have had alot of fun painting this one!
    You've really captured the whole essence of father/son sweetly in your characters.
    Love it!
    More Please!

I like the style , the little chick looks like hes going to cocka dooddle dooooo himself off the wall
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

This is a very cute scene, wonderfully drawn and coloured. I really like it.

.g

Thanks floridagirl, yes it was fun.

Enchanter, thanks. I actually decided to add the chick later, that's why it looks a bit unbalanced up there : )

Thanks Gita!

e

Wow what an very interesting style you have, Real nice piece of art work,love it. Regards,Tony

Thank you Tony!

By the way, this is my entry for the IF topic "sacrifice". It's not done in Artrage though - it's my first attempt at watercolors.

emre