ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First ArtRage Painting

My First ArtRage Painting

Hi, and many thanks to all of you who took the time to view and comment on "My First ArtRage Drawing."

After posting that piece, I could hardly wait to get started on anotheróworking with a tablet may give me fits from time to time, but not enough to stop me: I just love this program!

Anyway: for my second ArtRage piece, I thought I'd try my hand at a painting, and this landscape (treescape) is the result of a couple of days' experimentation with the paintbrush, roller, and chalk tools.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the tree (which is a kind of pine), but then it must be said that, even using traditional tools and media, I've always had difficulty capturing the texture of this particular type of tree. (It's like some sort of obstacle I feel compelled to keep taking runs at, until I finally make it over!)

Original image size: 1024 x768 pixels
    Hardware: 2 GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, Wacom Graphire 3
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Enjoying the journey!

This painting treescape is very good. You have an excellent ability to create photorealism. With natural media I would take a guess that you have done still life and landscapes?

Isn't it amazing how digital computer art removes many of the annoying problems of working with natural media.
    The only problem is that you have none of the substance that you have with a natural media painting. You cannot walk up to a computer image and feel the paint and canvas, instead you get ink on paper. Of course the same results will occur when working with natural media ink on paper.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

That tree is fantastic! Good grief - the level of depth, shading, highlighting, detail - it's phenomenal!
    If that's a painting you're *not* happy with, I expect a painting you *are* happy with will just make me fall off my chair weeping at the passion and artistry. Because that one sure comes close!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Hi MacMs, Welcome!
    What Talent! Your choice of colors & attention to detail is superb!
    Beautiful scenery! Fox Hunt Anyone?

:shock: Holy crap!

very well done! i think you can be very satisfied!
    hope to see alot more....!

greez

WOW!

I hope to get to this level of depth, lighting and detail in my landscapes,

wonderful painting!

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Heh. MacMs, I thought you'd posted your reference photo and forgot to post the actual painting. D'oh! Fabulous work. Just amazing.

.g

Thanks for sharing. You and many others and I mean MANY help make this forum one of the best. I've checked out many and the support both by ambientdesign and the forum members is memorable.
    You'll know when you get there!

I think I could walk across to that tree.
    That's about as good as it gets in my book.
    Superb!!
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Great job!

emre