ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet question

Tablet question

Is it safe to plug in/unplug my Wacom Bamboo while the computer is on?

I guess so. I have a Wacom Graphire 4 that's been plugged and unplugged several times.
    The only drawback I've noticed is the ten second delay before you can use it again while Windows is looking to see what new device was plugged in.

I can't find anything in the online manual that warns not to do that so I figured it was probably ok.

The worst that can happen is that you need to reinstall your drivers. I've never heard of hardware being destroyed by being unplugged while in use.

Robert,

I donīt know the answer to your question for certain, but it shouldnīt cause a problem.

Itīs a USB connection. For example, with the computer running, what happens when you plug in your USB connection for a digital camera and after downloading the photos, you disconnect? If you disconnect a digital web cam and then reconnect? Nothing goes wrong.

But donīt take this as correct (as in if it screws up it ainīt my fault).

Itīs just an observation. Maybe a look at your Windows help files about USB connections?
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

irishrose Guest
    Bob, no worries, I do it all the time, no problems yet!

Same here. I'm constantly unplugging mine, as I do different things on my system. Haven't run into any problems yet (*Knocks on wood*).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

irishrose Guest
    Someonesane, glad you're not having problems either. The only thing I can see possibly happening, which happened on another laptop of mine is the unplugging and replugging sometimes weakens the usb connection (makes it loose) and then the plug wiggles in the slot. Don't know if that's a good thing... just be careful and don't yank the wire out. I know my daughter had the same problem when she kept on plugging and unplugging her iPod to update the songs.