ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Workaround for cut and paste...

A Workaround for cut and paste...

Add a second layer and import your image to that layer,use the eraser to remove all of the picture except the item you want to paste into the layer below it....
    use transform layer to move your selected item around and to change its size....
    when its in the right place and correct size ,simply merge layers....job done.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

What a great idea!!! Thanks Jack!!!! will have to copy and print this out!! always wished for something like that and waddayaknow??? you knew it all the time

Just a note that ArtRage 2.5 does support copy and paste. You can copy a layer with the edit menu 'Copy layer to clipboard' (or <ctrl>C) and paste into a new layer with edit menu 'Paste clipboard to new layer' (or <ctrl>V)

This also works between applications - you can copy from another application and paste into a new layer in ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank You Andy, will have two new applications to practice!!!

Dear Andy... The Method I speak about allows PART of a picture,An ITEM in a picture, to be placed on another,second picture...

Example ...erase all of a picture except for a man,that you want to put in another picture..
    You now have a man on a blank background...
    you choose the picture you want to put the man onto...
    and put this on a second layer.
    Using layer transform...position and resize your man to where you want him...and then merge the two layers...
    all you must make sure of is that the layer with the man on is NOT opaque( 100%Transparent)
    appologies if I didnt make that clear enough,this procedure works very well,which is why I posted it for those who do not know how it can be done....Best regards....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Maybe masks in future?

Yeah Jack, that was the only way I know to do this. I think a mask would be very useful in future versions.
    Sometimes a notice my sketch has some part (eg: a head of a character ) bigger (or smaller) than I want. So I do what you said.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacktar51 View Post
    Dear Andy... The Method I speak about allows PART of a picture,An ITEM in a picture, to be placed on another,second picture...