ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my show and how it went

my show and how it went

Well it went better then i thought . About sixty people showed up. My friends that had a band played a set and a dj spun tunes after.

I sold 3 paintings ,I think i might have sold more but i forgot to put up my price list*SMAKES FOREHEAD* 2 painting went to some ladies visiting out of state that saw my flyer's the chose pearls and red earring. Another went to a friend Pink Boa. about 4 people wanted this one but i told them i would make more prints and get back to them .

Although i did under sell myself by letting them go for only 50 bucks ,It was my first sale of any kind. and now i have that outta the way.

I wish some of you could have come it would have been nice to see you in person.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by popepain; 07-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Good on ya Joel.

Congratulations on your show and the success you had! I wish I could have been there.

You complain about some stuff, but all in all it seems like it was a positive experience for you. (Next time put up the price list and up the prices. )
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

That wall of images looks awesome. Looks like the colors stayed pretty true in the printing process. How did you print them? Congrats on a successful first showing. It certainly probably generated a lot of positive buzz about your work.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 07-10-2008 at 05:28 PM.

I totally agree. . . context is so important. Seeing the style really solidifies it.

Congratulations on the sales!!!!!!! Good ice breaker.

Onward. . . oh and you really should follow up on those potentials. Whether they follow thrugh or not, it is a really good habit to stay connected plus you get good words said about you that way too.

It would have been nice to be there.

Outstanding!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Congratulations Joel, and your paintings look really professional up there.
    How did you go about the printing and framing part of it?

Cooool! I am amazed at how great the prints came out. It is evident, even from the pictures which were taken in low light conditions. You just have to tell us how you went about printing those. Please, please, please...

Well, really my most sincere congratulations and wishe for the future.
    Unfortunately I was not right after the corner to visit it...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

hello,
    I'm glad you all liked the prints. I had them printed by a local camera shop 16X20 . on reg photo paper . I worked a deal out with them for my 1st show and I've been going back to keep up a relationship. He shows my stuff for the 1st Friday art walk in downtown Salinas. and gives me a discount reg$20.00 discounted to $14. not great but it does cut down my cost. The frames i picked up from a art suply store for $6.00.
    $14.00 prints $6.00 frames.=$20.00 and i sold them for $50.00.
    Last edited by popepain; 07-11-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Mmmm, good for you!
    So if its on photographic paper framed behind glass, which is best: matte or glossy paper?