ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No presseure, bamboo, xp.

No presseure, bamboo, xp.

Hi, i just bought wacom bamboo fun medium size last week, and it came with the wonderful ArtRage 2 (wacom edition).

but for some reason ArtRage doesn't react to pressure sensitivity, or the zoom wheel function and eraser.

I'm using windows xp sp3,
    updated the Wacom driver to 5.08-6
    and ArtRage 2.5.20 via auto update.

I have tried crating a no_ink.inf file and folder in the Resources folder
    Tried turning all the different preferences settings on and off and restarting ArtRage in between.

And i have tried switching between the hoverclick and the "Press and hold" in wacom settings.

I would do a repair install of windows, but i have a hp pavillion system, and last time i tried the hp repair install, it failed and i had to do a clean install.

The pressure works fine in all the adobe programs.

and by the way i'm danish so i might have mistrandlated some of the wacom settings names.

Thanks in advance and hope some one will be able to help me.

(i won't be able to reply before i'm back from work later today)
    chears.

Hi there,

It sounds like you're not getting any of the extra data in ArtRage. Unfortunately the problem here will be related to how the tablet is set up as ArtRage doesn't have specific settings to turn these on and off. Default settings should work, but if you're having a problem, I'd recommend temporarily closing antivirus / anti-spyware applications, then removing entirely the tablet driver, restarting the machine and installing the latest driver from Wacom's website fresh. If prompted to remove custom profiles and settings when you uninstall the tablet driver, do so as this should make sure you don't have any unexpected settings in your tablet software.

Just in case, you can also reset ArtRage to its default settings by holding down the spacebar key when you start ArtRage. You'll know this has worked if ArtRage attempts to check for updates.

I'd advise leaving the no_ink.inf file in the resources folder, it won't make any difference under Windows XP, although it can help if you may have installed Microsoft's Ink Services at some point. I definitely wouldn't do a repair install at this point as I suspect the problem will be local to the tablet settings rather than something bigger.

I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

well It is probably a driver problem. i have had a lot of problems with the last wacom tablet i had, only old drivers working, never really got it to work, and wacom support was not very helpful. actually the driver for this bamboo did the same (no driver found message). I had to search and delete all tablet files and registry entries before the driver for bamboo worked probably..

I have tried removing the driver with profiles, both in the "add remove" and uninstalling through device manager. Tried deleting all the files again, and then reinstalled the latest driver. and in between rebooting the computer each time i did anything.
    all with the anti virus disabled...
    and resetting ArtRage...

I know i should be complaining to wacom instead, or just format the computer.
    but i would really appreciate if any of you guys had a suggestion of what to do next.

perhaps a way of 100% removing every files and entries the wacom drives make.

I was thinking that it might be another program or service conflicting with wacom or ArtRage, so id anybody knows of something like that please let me know.

Just a thought, Sippo. If it's a problem relating to old driver remnants still on your system, you could try uninstalling your current driver, then running Wacom's removal tool to see if it can pick up any old drivers and remove those cleanly before rebooting and reinstalling the current driver.

http://www.wacom-asia.com/download/d...html?drv_c=130 ( check to see if the listed models match your previous tablet/s )

If that doesn't work however, I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with them as they should be able to verify the situation there and help out.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

i have had the same problem but with the new drives from wacom its all fixed