ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: FEEDBACK artstatement FEEDBACK

FEEDBACK artstatement FEEDBACK

part of this was done by Mr Dakey . If you mind me using your words .Ill write something else ,i just like how you say things.

PARTIAL NUDITY
    by
    Joel Zirbes

Joels Images look like primitive artist’s wood mannequin with segmented arms and so forth while in strategic parts he takes a bit of the image to a Nagle style finish.
    Interesting contrast in the chunky almost carelessness of the strokes against the graphic poster stylization of the face for example. The male part of me is wanting to see more finish and detail and the painter part of me is wanting to see more looseness and flair. Joel creates tension.
    Interesting approach. It’s as if you are using source images for the allure that the original picture held for you, that you experience in looking at it. And then you convey that in the style you’re doing.
    Yet teasing us by doing a peep show or old school strip tease of sorts by hinting at extreme sensuality in the image that we can only just make out. But it is right up to the line of being enough to get us hooked because men who are interested in women are always adding bits we cannot see.
    In his original, we get a peek at what the original held for joel – assuming it was a normal sexy girl y pic that he found engaging. Joel is describing a sexual woman – with crude un-detailed words like “tits”. It’s all messing with imagination and wishful fulfillment to see her. So our imaginations have to work – something most of us are pretty adept at and motivated with.
    Joel has found the tipping point for engaging the viewer. Very cool.

Joel is an art major at hartnell collage specializing in digital art. He has won several digital photo contest and been published in the book LIFES EASEL. Joels image Pearls was excepted in to the PRESTIGOUS art contest Christinaked.com (A norwigen Vodka) which only aloud 125 people from around the world to enter. He has had several shows and with each continues to grow .

umm i should stick art rage in there somewhere sice all of the pics in the show are done in AR......

Dear Popepain, Very respectful review!!! you must be very proud!!! keep up the good work!!!

that was MR D Akey. from a pic i did

Quote Originally Posted by popepain View Post
    part of this was done by Mr Dakey . If you mind me using your words .Ill write something else ,i just like how you say things.

PARTIAL NUDITY
    by
    Joel Zirbes

Joels Images look like primitive artist’s wood mannequin with segmented arms and so forth while in strategic parts he takes a bit of the image to a Nagle style finish.
    Interesting contrast in the chunky almost carelessness of the strokes against the graphic poster stylization of the face for example. The male part of me is wanting to see more finish and detail and the painter part of me is wanting to see more looseness and flair. Joel creates tension.
    Interesting approach. It’s as if you are using source images for the allure that the original picture held for you, that you experience in looking at it. And then you convey that in the style you’re doing.
    Yet teasing us by doing a peep show or old school strip tease of sorts by hinting at extreme sensuality in the image that we can only just make out. But it is right up to the line of being enough to get us hooked because men who are interested in women are always adding bits we cannot see.
    In his original, we get a peek at what the original held for joel – assuming it was a normal sexy girl y pic that he found engaging. Joel is describing a sexual woman – with crude un-detailed words like “tits”. It’s all messing with imagination and wishful fulfillment to see her. So our imaginations have to work – something most of us are pretty adept at and motivated with.
    Joel has found the tipping point for engaging the viewer. Very cool.

Joel is an art major at hartnell collage specializing in digital art. He has won several digital photo contest and been published in the book LIFES EASEL. Joels image Pearls was excepted in to the PRESTIGOUS art contest Christinaked.com (A norwigen Vodka) which only aloud 125 people from around the world to enter. He has had several shows and with each continues to grow .
    Sorry I missed this post earlier. I'm both flattered that you thought so highly of my comments, and I'm cringing a little because I want to improve the wording a bit. I see errors, which I have no time to do properly. Please feel free to use it in any way it serves you. . . including polishing it a bit.

AND!!!!! I wish you fabulous success with your artistic career.

I'm honored to participate in my limited way.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice review! That's got to feel good Popepain. BTW I like the way D Akey phrases things too.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Mmmmm, really nice review Popepain,
    and Mr Dakey is really and truly a damn good critic! ...were fortunate to have him around here.

irishrose Guest
    AMEN AMEN AMEN... all of the above. Go DA ... and congratulations to Popepain!!!!