Thread: Convert PTG to other image file

Gallery
    View images

Convert PTG to other image file

Hi, maybe I post this on the wrong thread but you will have to live with that!

Now to my question! How can I convert the ArtRage PTG file into a different image file? I tried doing this in PS and Illustrator but nothing works, please help!

Thank you!

Gallery
    View images
    In Artrage, under the File menu, choose Export As Image instead of Save or Save As. You can then choose the image type that you want.

Gallery
    View images
    For future reference, there's a lot of useful information within the ArtRage 2 manual (found under the "Help" menu in ArtRage), which can help answer this and similar questions.

With ArtRage open and your image on screen, click on "File" and select "Export as Image". In the window that opens, type in a file name for your image and then select the type you wish to save your image as in the "Save as Type" box. Click "Save" and you're done, but be aware that if you save your image as any other type besides the ".PTG" you will loose any ArtRage specific information for the file. This means if you don't save it as a PTG file and wish to go back to do something to it later, you will have lost any layers you had, as well as any specific mixed media (chalk, paint, layer texture) you may have had. In some cases (such as with a .jpg extension) the image will also be compressed to some degree and you will loose some detail.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images

Converting batches of Artrage files to JPG

I have hundreds of paintings-in-progress that I must convert to JPG on a Mac.

XnViEwNp-035 is not Maclike; its UX is mostly broken, and it only exports a tiny version of my files.

Can you please recommend a batch converter? Then I can make animations from my portraits, like this portrait of Steve Wozniak, painted in Sketchbook Pro:

http://www.youtube.com/newzini#p/u/0/ZrXPQ3w7VdU

David

Gallery
    View images
    If you have it, Photoshop can do it (at least, my PS CS2 can). It's just a mater of recording the actions, and then saving them as a Droplet. Then one just needs to select all the image files, and drag them onto the Droplet, which then has Photoshop take over, and repeat the actions on the dropped files.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.