Thread: Artrage to Photoshop, and back to Artrage

Gallery
    View images

Artrage to Photoshop, and back to Artrage

I'm relatively new to artrage, so this may seem a very ignorant question.

I love the application, but I always get stuck when painting something in slightly the wrong place and I want to move it slightly. Being used to photoshop, minor modifications like this are normally a 20 second selection-tool job. Hoever there is not selection-tool in Artrage that I can see. Fair enough, it's a painting program :-)

So I find myself painting things in artrage, and being unhappy with the exact placements, and then because I'm familiar with photoshop, I export the image, make modifications, then I re-import it back into artrage.

This hack-method gets the job done, but there is a problem. Whenever I go to paint onto the image that I've imported, it's not the same at all. It's as if the paint is cutting through the "background picture". There is a weird shadow between the edge of a line of paint and the existing painted image. Almost like the paint is embossing the image, rather than blending with it. It's hard to describe, but what I paint no longer mixes in the way that it did before I exported. There is a marked difference.

Now I understand that this is probably related to the exporting-importing process, where the image loses all it's artrage paint information. However, is there something I'm missing that can get around this? Is there a way to "liquidise into paint" an image you import? I just want it the imported painting to react like it used to.

And in a related question. If I work for a long time on an artrage painting.....it gets very very large, and takes a very long time to load, I assume a lot of this is "paint history." Sometimes I paint, and paint over, and paint over certain parts, and I can imagine (due to the load times) that it's loading in every single layer of paint and not just what's visible on the top layer. Is there a way to take what I have currently, and lose the redundant paint history? (nb. I've never used "layers" in artrage and I only use the word "layer" as you would with a real physical layer of paint)

I figure these are related questions, maybe I'm missing something big and hopefully you can enlighten me. Thanks in advance! :P

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Cadav this is a known problem.
    The work round is below.

No easy way to do this, so here is the difficult way.

Import the image.

Make a tiny hole through the paint with the Eraser.

Using Paper settings, reduce the Opacity to 0%

Then Export the image as a .png.

Then Import the image and it will now have a much thinner depth of paint.

Good Luck
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.