Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dog and Gun...

ITs gonna be a Jacktar classic

Referring to the avatar paintings.........Yes we had a lot more time on our hands ........was thinking about that one ,when you started this one,,,,,,,,,,,made me grin when i saw those again,,cheered me up
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Another Update on THe Dog and Gun..

All the prevous comments and seeing those old pictures again is really giving me a bit more enthusiasm to go on with this latest Pub scene,here it is as it stands at present,lots more small detail thats probably lost a bit in the conversion to Jpeg but still I have the original to work on so the end job ought to be not toooo bad I Hope, I am keeping the Original picture in PNG and at 2000 pixel width,as MattRage suggested,and I quite like the outcome so far,lots more tidying up to do though, lots of it is still rough....Thanks for the comments ,appreciate your thoughts..... Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dog and Gun Update....jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	347.0 KB 
ID:	18199  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

My brain just came to a screeching hold. I'm hypnotized by this for some reason. The stark contrasts and clear lines burn themselves straight into the visual cortex, I think, haha. It's very easy to read and carves out memories of both old art, games, religious paintings, illustrations, newspaper art and texture, it's like a flood of different triggers. I think most irritating is the floor and what looks like could be shadows on it, but it's very hard to tie them to their sources. The perspective of the floor panels doesn't match the tables either, which causes yet another level of visual confusion, yet, it also has a certain eery appeal. I wouldn't change a thing about it, but I felt like mentioning it.

All it all... it's an OMG type image that really affects me! GREAT!

Thanks Taron.... Yeah I know what you are saying,the floorboards are not right I know but I was concentrating on getting a slightly polished kind of waxy look that old floorboards get when they are well used and worn after constant washing,I didnt bother too much about the shadows,I had to smooth the floorboards out on the finished version, its on the main gallery now, but its not properly finished because I got fed up with it and decided to post it as it was...you will probably see the changes .Thanks for coming in with your comments though, I always appreciate other Artists views ,Thanks for looking.....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

This needs a story to go with it. Could be a great illustration for a seafaring tale.